Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How can I get clients from US?

Member #
    Hi there..
    I have a website called 6logos.com..
    My website is offering a logo design service..
    I already have a lot of clients from Australia..
    The problem is that my business is not that good at US..
    Anyone care to help me out on this..?
    Thanks..

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    How are you marketing your company in the US ? What are you doing different between australia and the US markets ?

I suspect since you're asking, you're not here calling people on the phone or knocking on doors ?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Webzarus, post: 235643
    How are you marketing your company in the US ? What are you doing different between australia and the US markets ?

I suspect since you're asking, you're not here calling people on the phone or knocking on doors ?
    Hi! Thanks for the reply..
    It goes like this..
    6logos is a company composed of great artists and designers who creates professional logo designs depending on what the clients asked for..
    We accept the orders through online so basically this is an Online business..
    We have been receiving great orders from Australia since the ad postings on Gumtree had been successful..
    The only problem is that we still havent able to get clients on US..
    I have been posting on Classified ads already but it still seems not enough..

Could you advise some suggestions..?
    Thanks..

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    He's from the Philippines. So if he's knocking on their doors, he's got long arms.

6logos: in your case, it's going to be more difficult no matter what you do. There are a lot of business owners and decision makers in the US that have either hired offshore workers in the past and won't do it again or that won't hire them in the first place. Oddly enough, I've picked a client up because of a situation like this recently even though I'm from Toronto. Your best bet might be to latch on to a web designer/developer in North America with overflow and that would be willing to offshore it and let them handle the marketing.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 235648
    He's from the Philippines. So if he's knocking on their doors, he's got long arms.

6logos: in your case, it's going to be more difficult no matter what you do. There are a lot of business owners and decision makers in the US that have either hired offshore workers in the past and won't do it again or that won't hire them in the first place. Oddly enough, I've picked a client up because of a situation like this recently even though I'm from Toronto. Your best bet might be to latch on to a web designer/developer in North America with overflow and that would be willing to offshore it and let them handle the marketing.
    yeah im from philippines but Im not really the owner of that business..
    He just appointed me as his marketing assistant..
    Im currently posting up on different marketing forums to ask help on this..
    I really need to help my boss..

Ive been to ad postings already but I think its still not enough..
    So what Im thinking is to also advertise it on some other sites..
    Will this work out..? Really need some other suggestions..

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    What TheGame said about "offshoring" is 100% dead on...

2 things I see that might help.

1. The spelling used is a clear indicator that you're not us based...google also sees thes spellings as a way to index your site regionally... I haven't looked but I suspect your company is pretty low down in search ranks for US SERPS.

2. We Americans are hesitant to pay for something "before we get it"... Perhaps a "purchase order" system allowing businesses to pay after they are satisfied...

On a recent trip to INDIA a CFO of a company I do work for, was approached by a "design &branding " team... They talked him up... Got him to agree to let them "re-do" the logo in attempt to "create a branding strategy"... He gave them the go ahead...

On his return, he called in the marketing team, some other business leaders and myself to let us know he had made the decision to hire this company and they would be providing all the graphics for a corporate re-branding...

2 weeks later we were all called in for a review...

The CFO was adamant about changing the logo...

Long story short... The old logo is still in use, because the logistics of changing the corporate logo were not feasible.. And the logos produced by that company just didn't justify the changeover.

The CFO had to pay their fees from his pocket... Because "HE" should have brought in the other business leaders before contracting with this firm...

The trick to doing business with many US based business is "face time"... Most US based businesses want to know who they are dealing with... Most of my travel is based around this concept... Yeah I can do 100% of the work from my location... But for what they are paying me, I show up when they ask... Some of my clients I've never met personally, but I've built long lasting business relationships over years of interaction with them...

Your product ( logos )... Is a hit or miss commodity... Not saying you don't provide great logos or great service, but knowing you're 1. Offshore 2. Want payed before anything starts...

US businesses are struggling ... And aren't taking chances on off shore services... Maybe when things turn around... But most that I know had historically done business off shore ... Have scaled back big time.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 6logos, post: 235652
    yeah im from philippines but Im not really the owner of that business..
    He just appointed me as his marketing assistant..
    Im currently posting up on different marketing forums to ask help on this..
    I really need to help my boss..

Ive been to ad postings already but I think its still not enough..
    So what Im thinking is to also advertise it on some other sites..
    Will this work out..? Really need some other suggestions..
    First of all, see what Webzarus said.

Second, you have to consider that you're asking for marketing advice in a forum full of logo designers (I'm not one of them, by the way). That means you're asking your competition how to beat them. If you even get an answer besides the ones he and I gave you, it's probably going to be generic crap and/or completely misleading.

Third, you seem to be looking for a one-size-fits-all marketing answer in an industry where a one-size-fits-all marketing answer should be the last thing on your mind. You did "ad postings" (which I'm assuming means classified ads). Now you're looking to "advertise on some other sites". After that probably comes "forum posting, blog commenting, social media submission and whatever other garbage someone on Spam Marketing Forum X feeds you." It doesn't work like that, nor should it.

You're either going to have to figure this one out all by yourself with a lot of trial and error or do as I suggested and partner with a US firm and let them do it for you. It's not what you want to hear, but it it's also the reality of your situation.
    Noteleklabs likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    I would work my way over there! try reaching out to people closer to you at first then slowly spread out till' you reach the us. (I live there!)

here in the us we like simple. if we see a overly complicated or unprofessional looking logo we leave. all you need to do is land one good client in the us and word of mouth will get ya there! cheers!
    Hey you! Go make something!

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Noteleklabs, post: 237426
    here in the us we like simple. if we see a overly complicated or unprofessional looking logo we leave.
    maybe you... I'm part of the "us" and the "we" and that statement is just not accurate, If YOU leave a site because of a logo... Then just say YOU ... Just a point of fact....

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    maybe you... I'm part of the "us" and the "we" and that statement is just not accurate, If YOU leave a site because of a logo... Then just say YOU ... Just a point of fact....
    sorry if that offended you, but everyone that I know likes a simple logo and site. you might for all I know live across the us
    Hey you! Go make something!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads