Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Is Alexa Ranking Important?

Member #
    Liked
    766 times
    You should.... Long day yesterday... I think I was pushing 20 hours when I wrote that

Member #
    Alexa is somewhat useful for SEO but I wouldn't depend on it. Its a good way to look at the competitions top links and which words are bringing in the most traffic, which is not always right. However just because one site says it has more back links then another doesn't mean its true. Alexa only counts some links, you could have hundreds more that it doesn't show. At most its a starting point

Member #
    Liked
    766 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KristinWard, post: 239102
    Alexa is somewhat useful for SEO but I wouldn't depend on it. Its a good way to look at the competitions top links and which words are bringing in the most traffic, which is not always right. However just because one site says it has more back links then another doesn't mean its true. Alexa only counts some links, you could have hundreds more that it doesn't show. At most its a starting point
    Hilarious, every statement you just made, you also contradicted it in your own followup.

So, is it useful for SEO or not, are keyword comparisons useful or not, link counts are definitely not useful ( your own statement), so what makes it a good starting point ? Not seeing it.

Member #
    Liked
    2749 times
    What WZ said. If it's not even remotely accurate (and it isn't), how can it possibly be a good starting point?
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    2749 times
    Really? What kind of details?
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    2749 times
    And why does that matter?
    shovenose likes this.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    another one?

@OP: no, Alexa doesnt matter at all. ignore it and focus on importsnt things that actually matter!

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    oops. i failed to notice i had already checked out this thread. sorry. ignore my previous response too.

Member #
    Liked
    2749 times
    What makes it important? Keeping in mind that you already said that it shows "backlinks" with no explanation as to why "backlinks" matter.

Member #
    Liked
    2749 times
    WHAT INFORMATION?

You've made that statement multiple times now. What information does it show? What "complete details" does it provide? What accurate information does it provide that actually can help someone out?

In other words, really think about your answer before you go spitting out a random meaningless sentence.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Remove Ads