Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Is Alexa Ranking Important?

Member #
    Liked
    2719 times
    Okay...that really doesn't indicate how it's useful, nor does it indicate how it offers anything over say Google Analytics. Google Analytics, among other site stats packages, has a referring sites report that lists the sites and pages that send traffic to a particular site, which is the only true measure anyone who isn't employed by a search engine has when measuring the effectiveness of an inbound link.

Site stats packages will also show referring links things like Alexa can't show, such as links clicked on from webmail accounts, links from intranets and extranets, and links that are on pages that may not or will not be indexed. If someone wants "details of there posting", that would be the place to start...if a marketing campaign is being performed effectively, then users will visit. The "SEO backlinks" angle is at best white noise.

So...what does Alexa offer that is unique and that provides some additional level of analytical clarity? What makes Alexa special? What makes it useful? This is what you've failed to answer, so what I'm going to do right now is something I don't normally do...I'm going to give you an out. You get a free pass if you want it. All you have to do is say "I don't know what it offers that is useful" or "you're right, Alexa is useless." Or...come up with an intelligent, reasonable, logical argument that shows how Alexa is useful...and that's going to take a whole lot more than a sentence.
    shovenose and emediastudios like this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    2719 times
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Actually, Alexa ranking helps Webmasters and advertisers see the true marketing potential of your Web site. The better your Alexa rank, the higher they will be willing to bid to buy advertising space on your Web site.

[EDIT: sneaky link drop added three days after original post removed!. AlphaMare]
    Last edited by AlphaMare; Aug 24th, 2013 at 08:14 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    2719 times

There is no correlation whatsoever between Alexa ranking and the "true marketing potential of your Web site." I rarely self-reference, but in this case I'm going to.

Is Alexa Ranking Important?

Member #
    I'm normally concerned with the income pouring in from the assets then mere Alexa ranking.

Member #
    It's not important. Alexa rank is just external signal of your traffic.

Member #
    You should focus more on optimizing your site for conversions and your unique selling proposition / competitive edge rather than Alexa

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Yes alexa is important in seo. It just tell the traffic rank .

Banned
    Member #
    Oh!! not true.Both Alexa and Google page rank important for whole SEO..

Member #
    Liked
    2719 times
    Dr. Cox has something to say to you.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Remove Ads