Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Is Alexa Ranking Important?

Member #
    Liked
    2722 times
    I want to know the answer to this as well, since I suspect that there's a case of post count inflating going on.

So...24 hour warning is in place. vanshpundhir, you need to answer Kevin's question within 24 hours.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    not only alexa there are many more website like this try similar web it shows totally different as compared to alexa dont waste time on seeing stuff like this try to focus on your audience behavior so that you can see a good traffic

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Alexa is important, but not as much you completely depend on it. Basically Alexa is more important for those websites which have to sell or buy any service. Also important for those who provides advertisement on their website. People believe those websites most popular which have high Alexa rankings.

Member #
    Alexa rank is just an indication of traffic on your site. if you have high traffic you will have good alexa rank if do not have traffic than it will show your rank as per your traffic.

It does not affect any thing else on your site as well as your business.

Member #
    There are a lot of metrics out there that try to gauge the importance of a website. Alexa isnít alone in that area, you see it often with Ahrefs URL rank, Mozís Page Authority and Domain Authority, you still see people using PageRank as a metric even though it hasnít been updated since 2013.
    Even Alexa says there is a wide variance in reporting for sites ranking above 100,000 so if youíre tracking the success of a website based on Alexa rank and youíre ranking in the millions then it probably isnít going to be very effective in telling you how successful you are.

Member #
    Liked
    2722 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CliffordSanchez View Post
    There are a lot of metrics out there that try to gauge the importance of a website. Alexa isn’t alone in that area, you see it often with Ahrefs URL rank, Moz’s Page Authority and Domain Authority, you still see people using PageRank as a metric even though it hasn’t been updated since 2013.
    Even Alexa says there is a wide variance in reporting for sites ranking above 100,000 so if you’re tracking the success of a website based on Alexa rank and you’re ranking in the millions then it probably isn’t going to be very effective in telling you how successful you are.
    https://incomebully.com/alexa-rank-does-it-matter/ <-- you care to explain how you've managed to use a "statistically improbable phrase" verbatim?

Bear in mind that the only good answer here is "I'm sorry, I won't do it again" and then make sure that you don't.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Remove Ads