Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey everyone. I am building a sports news website for a certain market. I am still developing and have not released the website. I am building my follower count on Twitter to gain exposure. The site will produce quality content so that is not an issue.

Here is what I could use advice with. Can anyone point me to any awesome books dealing with the business side of running a website. I am familiar with the basics, adsense etc.. I am talking about really maximizing the effort and how to make the most cash without the site looking desperate for cash.

Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    It's really not that simple.

The business side of business .... Running a successful website that is profitable is not much different than running any other successful business.

There are a complete different set of "added" challenges, which I won't even being to address, because most are learned through experience and are "arguable" points with many.

Short answer : there is no silver bullet answer to your question

Member #
    Liked
    18 times

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    lots and lots of hard work, you'll need to build up a great social media presence linked back to lots of great content. get people talking about your site by giving people a reason to come back time and time again. Like Webzarus says, there's no quick fix and most good websites with lots of traffic are either took quite a few years to slowly build up followers or were back up by a huge marketing campaign costing a lot of money.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    I know companies right now, that are spending big bucks on the wrong things... ie. social media, click through ad campaigns that were not targeted enough for their particular products, etc.

Why do they do it ? Because the people making those decision shouldn't be, and the people in charge of them don't know anymore than them.

Most successful campaigns I've ever seen and or been associated with are pushing content that gets listed on its own, optimized for vertical markets, and promoted through normal channels, sure it may take longer, but it usually incurs longer lasting results that you can build a solid long term marketing plan on.

Member #
    Liked
    296 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdegk15, post: 247821
    Can anyone point me to any awesome books dealing with the business side of running a website. I am familiar with the basics, adsense etc.. I am talking about really maximizing the effort and how to make the most cash without the site looking desperate for cash.
    Thanks.
    You won't find any because they don't exist. You will find tons of books advising about using social media, links, and all sorts of things which are already outdated.

Just use the basics of building a business. Who is your market, what do they want and how can you reach them?

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    In the short term, get adsense on there while you figure it out

Remove Ads