Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: How long does it take to write a blogpost or article?

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    No offense, but this is a silly question. It depends on a person's skills, the length of the text, education, knowledge of a specific topic, writing pace, research time and many many more (self-criticism and confidence even). For me it takes from 15 minutes to weeks. Is this the answer you want? I don't think so.

To make some sense I'd say that the more experience you have, the less time it takes.
    usatranslate likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    302 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincentas View Post
    No offense, but this is a silly question. It depends on a person's skills, the length of the text, education, knowledge of a specific topic, writing pace, research time and many many more (self-criticism and confidence even). For me it takes from 15 minutes to weeks. Is this the answer you want? I don't think so.

To make some sense I'd say that the more experience you have, the less time it takes.
    As the OP on this thread I do find this statement offensive. The purpose of his thread was to see how many have their thinking caps on. 99% of new members come here simply trying to add another backlink to their site (usually low quality) quickly and easily, never adding anything of value.

When most of these people write content they simply say the same thing as everyone else, again adding nothing of value, no new insights, just paraphrasing what someone else has already said.

Pop Quiz:
    How do you properly research an article?
    Do you give attribution?
    Does your article demonstrate critical thinking?

I notice you have posted several one liners today; how does that add to the conversation?
    AlphaMare likes this.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I am sorry if you feel offended. I have some experience in writing - articles, copy writing, advertising, etc. So again, I'll repeat myself that the time always depends on so many things (that I've mentioned before).

First, when I write an article I start with a brainstorm, review some expert articles to see what has been written, I look for recent surveys and stats. This helps me develop a more certain view of the topic.

Second, I always give attribution and links to the sources I use.

Third, well, I hope that my articles do demonstrate critical thinking. However sometimes I have to write on some topics that are quite... simple, e.g. "7 Tips to Avoid Spam". This topic is poor from the beginning, so there's no space to demonstrate anything.
    usatranslate likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    No one HAS to write on a topic that poor. You CHOOSE to write on a topic that poor.

If you think it's a poor topic and lame, you don't need to pollute the Internet with it.
    AlphaMare and delstu like this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    I am sorry if you feel offended. I have some experience in writing - articles, copy writing, advertising, etc. So again, I'll repeat myself that the time always depends on so many things (that I've mentioned before).

First, when I write an article I start with a brainstorm, review some expert articles to see what has been written, I look for recent surveys and stats. This helps me develop a more certain view of the topic.

Second, I always give attribution and links to the sources I use.

Third, well, I hope that my articles do demonstrate critical thinking. However sometimes I have to write on some topics that are quite... simple, e.g. "7 Tips to Avoid Spam". This topic is poor from the beginning, so there's no space to demonstrate anything.
    The answer for this thread question is very well answered by Vincentas. Sorry delstu, I am not an expert in article writing or blogging and I am only giving out my ideas for this thread and for me Vincentas answered it well.

Member #
    Liked
    302 times
    Quote Originally Posted by usatranslate View Post
    The answer for this thread question is very well answered by Vincentas. Sorry delstu, I am not an expert in article writing or blogging and I am only giving out my ideas for this thread and for me Vincentas answered it well.
    No need to be sorry. Vincentas started by calling the question silly, which more or less means (s)he considers it irrelevant (has the right to say so, but also indicates a lot about (s)he).
    It is my opinion that one should spend a reasonable amount of time researching before writing an article. The source of the research is also important. There is also a lot more that goes into creating high-quality content but this is the beginning basics required to do so.
    TheGAME1264 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    Quote Originally Posted by usatranslate View Post
    You know that in order to "give out your ideas" that you actually have to share at least a couple of thoughts of substance, don't you?

Vincentas completely misread Stu's deeper point i.e. that people who write articles and prepare content online usually put out crap that is poorly researched, written, and/or cited.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264 View Post
    You know that in order to "give out your ideas" that you actually have to share at least a couple of thoughts of substance, don't you?

Vincentas completely misread Stu's deeper point i.e. that people who write articles and prepare content online usually put out crap that is poorly researched, written, and/or cited.

I fully agree with you that no one should pollute the internet with poor content. However, the sad truth is that some people need to make a living.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    I fully agree with you that no one should pollute the internet with poor content. However, the sad truth is that some people need to make a living.
    Sorry to say but thats a ******** excuse! If you are going to do something do it right. Putting something up just for the sake of putting something up isn't good business. Quality over quantity! Good quality content will bring more visitors which then generate more income.

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks
    TheGAME1264 and delstu like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    Vapr_Arts is right...other than I don't know what the censored word is. Everyone needs to earn a living at some point. And you know what? There are all sorts of jobs out there that don't require the employee to turn into some mindless content-churning monkey.

Find another job and find some self-respect for your own sake.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads