Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: How long does it take to write a blogpost or article?

Member #
    Liked
    296 times

How long does it take to write a blogpost or article?

Seth Godin says it takes him about 15 minutes to write a post but he spends 16 hours per day reading and doing research.
    "In Copyblogger’s case, it takes five to seven hours per post on average, including researching, writing and editing."
    Content Marketing: This Is How Long It Takes To Write A Great Blog Post

How much time do you spend creating an article or blogpost?

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    When I write a blog post, it's often just a problem I've found a clever solution to, so it takes 15-30 minutes tops, but that doesn't include the time it actually took me to solve the problem. That could range from a couple hours to days or weeks. I don't count that time, though because it wasn't done for the blog post, it was done to solve an actual problem I've dealt with.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Depends on the complexity and length of the topic involved. The more intelligent ones will require a few hours of writing. Simple ones require less.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    It depends on the topic, length and the mood of the writer

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    True that researching and planning takes more time than actually writing. But it also depends on how long your content will be and how carefully you have chosen your words.

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    p.preston, kindly stop dragging up old, dead posts.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    This is the question I googled and I got you asking the very same question, I am asking myself today.

One week, every week - one week ! Yep, it is for a weekly Blog post, so maybe I just give myself that amount of time, but it takes a week to pick a subject, write about it, review, edit and check what I have written and then publish.

Truth be told, if it was to become a daily Blog, then it would take the day, but I have the luxury of a week, so I use it.

Doing a Blog of any sort, makes you appreciate the guys who do it daily and produce any sort of quality. It is hard to do it consistently well. But if you have readers, clients, followers or supporters, you owe it to them to make it interesting, pertinent to them, easy to read & understand and useful in some way.

As a regular reader of other Blogs, I am keen to make sure I do not publish content which is not of interest to my particular audience and am now working on better segmenting my list to become more specific to the various areas or groups.

As much as every Blog is a challenge, it is a great way of revising what you believe to be true. Once you start to write about something for a Blog, you tend to double check the content, update your own understanding and basically get better on the subject you started to write about. The very fact that I am reading your question, answering it and considering the topic, is all part of writing todays Blog.
    Delstu, You may have just posed this question, to start a conversation or you may have needed help, but either way do share your conclusions, so we can all benefit and thanks for kickstarting my morning.

Member #
    Liked
    296 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMacGinty View Post
    Delstu, You may have just posed this question, to start a conversation or you may have needed help, but either way do share your conclusions, so we can all benefit and thanks for kickstarting my morning.
    Hello Michael.
    I posted this question to see how many of the drive-by posters would take the time to read and consider what kind of content they are creating and ask themselves if they could do better. Aside from the long time members here, most of those claiming to create good content don't; they are simply attempting to build links even though this has been a no follow forum in the past. They don't seem to realize that the old ways of link building no longer work in their favor.

Most don't seem to understand what it takes to build quality content that is actually useful/valuable to their target audience or know how. I guess that just means there is less competition for the rest of us.
    Last edited by delstu; Dec 08th, 2014 at 08:17 AM.

Member #
    I think experts in article writing can write faster and more quality articles than the average writers or bloggers. But it is not how fast we can finish in writing articles that matters, what matters most is the quality of the content that will attract more readers and followers.

Member #
    Liked
    296 times
    Quote Originally Posted by usatranslate View Post
    I think experts in article writing can write faster and more quality articles than the average writers or bloggers. But it is not how fast we can finish in writing articles that matters, what matters most is the quality of the content that will attract more readers and followers.
    This is a pretty general statement. What is an “expert in article writing”? And what is “quality content” and how do you recognize it?

If you can answer those questions you are well on your way to becoming an expert article writer.
    TheGAME1264 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads