Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: How are you using the web to find new clients?

Member #

How are you using the web to find new clients?

What kind of internet marketing tools are you guys using to find perspective clients? Is there anything in particular that's actually generating leads?

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    All the business I've picked up has been word of mouth, so far it's working out ok for me as I do this as a side project.

Slithering from the nether regions of a twisted mind and tarnished soul

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    bing 10char

Member #
    How about social media? Has that been helpful at all?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I've been in this business 12 years full time.

I've gotten business from:

Word of mouth
    Job sites
    Craigslist
    Search (Google/Bing/Yahoo!)
    Phone book advertising, back when it didn't absolutely suck
    Newspaper classified advertising
    Flyers
    WDF itself
    A couple of other forums

Social media? No. I have never gotten a client through social media.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    170 times
    Word of mouth and word of mouth. I have been doing this part-time for 6-7 years as a hobby, though the last 1 1/2 years I have been getting a lot of work. What has helped me the most was a Political County Chairman saw some of my websites and approached me and we agreed to a % and he now sends me all of his candidates, this year alone was 7 canddiates. Now I am going to use those 7 and reach out to the next County Chairman and offer him a lower % to do the same. But again it is all word of mouth, and building up clients such as in my case I have designed two State Representative websites who are big names in our State races.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    helpfulhand: the reason most of us answered is because we thought you were asking how other people generate leads so you can help learn to generate your own, not plug a lead-generation service.

Please don't do that again.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    170 times
    HAHAH that is funny Game, you are always on point, I love it!
    TheGAME1264 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Your business website is, more precisely, a platform to convert prospects into leads. It is a marketing tool, but it is not actually used to to find new clients. You find new clients through word of mouth (obviously) and social media, elance like sites, review websites (like Yelp), Business Sites (like Manta), visiting seminars, etc. Everything has to do with connecting with your potential clients. Discussions in forums and blogs are included as well. You just need to know where your target audience is.
    sasha_bolcina likes this.

Member #
    FIrstly you should to write valuable content for your website. Perhaps blog it will be good solution for you. Thanks to it you increase your traffic. When your traffic is higher you will get more leads. Be carefull content of your website has to strong connecting with business. In order to write a awesome content you should hiring a good copywriter and use Ahrefs or sth like that ( this a long term strategy). Now I present you a short term strategy - find a company which help you in generation leads. I use this solution: [EDIT: link removed by TheGAME1264] Furthermore you will find there a lot of useful informations, tips about internet marketing.
    Last edited by TheGAME1264; Oct 22nd, 2016 at 03:00 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads