Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: How much should I charge?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapr_Arts View Post
    Theres nothing wrong with being self taught. I personally hate the way our (in the states not sure where u are) education system is tied so tightly to careers. You can learn just as much on your own and save tons of money. Our education system is a scam in my opinion! But enough for that rant! Lol

First off you mentioned java. Although you may not have meant it or known but java is a language itself and it is NOT the same as javascript! A member here put it perfectly in my opinion, the gist of his comparison was java is no more related to javascript than ham is related to a hamster. Sorry Ron! Cant remember the exact way it was worded but i hope that makes sense.

What you will want to use is javascript, not java. The 5 languages i mentioned are what most modern sites run on. Php can be substituted for some other backend language but that is what i know most about.

You may also want to look into jQuery. Its a javascript library that makes some Js functions easier to accomplish. I got the hang of jQuery and it allowed me to understand how to create my own code in Js but its not required at all.

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks
    Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it . Yes, I know java and javascript are two different languages, I just didn't understand the difference to them very well. I am looking into javascript, php for the backend, and of course html and css. I love reading, and learning and learning about code, I want to be able to make my own software for whatever the need may be, and I also want to be able to make apps for the play store or for the apple store, either or. I don't discriminate against any OS, may it be Windows or Apple, Unix, Linux... I welcome them all. I will take a look at jquery, and most likely I will become addicted to learning it.

Thank you, once again for your help..

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    If you don't understand the difference between Java and Javascript, and you are thinking about using Flash, then I don't think you are ready for professional website development.

I'm not trying to be negative, but it sounds like you are at a stage where you should be doing some free sites to get more experience.

Also, bear in mind that you can get some good work done offshore for $3-$5 an hour. I think there's going to be a LOT of downward pressure on web design prices.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads