Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

marketing a web design agency

I'm really passionate about Wordpress, and I'm about to start an agency but I'm not sure how to go about prospecting and finding new clients, what do you guys recommend that i do? thanks a lot!

Member #
    Liked
    170 times
    Quote Originally Posted by banksnsons View Post
    I'm really passionate about Wordpress, and I'm about to start an agency but I'm not sure how to go about prospecting and finding new clients, what do you guys recommend that i do? thanks a lot!

1. Do you have a business plan? I developed my business plan over a 1 year period.
    2. Do you have funds to market a new business?
    3. Are you going to market a WP design service and have a portfolio?
    4. Are you going to target a certain geographical area?

What you're wanting to do is a very competitive industry so you need to have something better than your competition. Unless you have an excellent portfolio you might want to plan on giving some of your work away for free to start building you an impressive portfolio.

If you go to Craigslist and other free ad services you will see many WP offers for $75.00 - $100 for anything goes for a WP site including Ecommerce sites.

I would suggest you target small mom and pop businesses in your area and build from there. If you do social networking get all of your friends to recommend you on their pages and maybe offer them a discount and let "word of mouth" bring you in some business.

We have set starting fees for WP, Joomla, Drupal, HTML & CSS sites and increase the prices according to the complexity of a website.

I've been doing this for ten years and my business consulting service got me started building and managing websites for my small business clients. Word of mouth from those clients is my main marketing campaign.

We don't even have a website and don't need one because my business is built around :word of mouth" from my other clients.

Good luck and I'm sure others will probably jump in here and offer you better advice than mine.
    Last edited by bleau canon; Sep 09th, 2015 at 08:21 PM.
    Bleau
    "Give the gift of life, Adopt a child"

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi Banksnson. So in my opinion, start to promote your services among friends, acquaintances, as well as on the forums and thematic blogs. Do not forget to do own website and pitch it too.

Banned
    Member #
    if you are looking for the marketing or design agency then you easily get in touch for all type of solutions from the design pundit so get in touch with design pundit.

Junior Member Digital Resellers UK's Avatar
    Member #
    I'm not sure where your business or business plan is at but I hope this helps.

1.Build your business a website
    2. Get some business cards
    3. Network
    4. Follow up
    5. Do what ever you need to do in order to get business!

The best advice I can give is do not wait for work to come to you, get out there and find it.

Join some networking events hand out business cards, collect business cards and the most important part of this exercise is building a relationship.
    People buy people, so be energetic, charismatic and overall a professional.

Another question to consider is what happens when's a client or contact need something else other then a web developer?
    What are you going to do?
    Last edited by Digital Resellers UK; May 01st, 2016 at 07:38 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    You can promote it offline, simply calling businesses in your area or visiting them personally with a good portfolio (you only need 1 or 2 visually engaging sites).
    Also you can post advertisements in specialized press.
    Another way is to create a useful and original article and post it on:
    * Reddit
    * Hacker News
    * Pineapple.io
    * PromoteProject.com
    * etc.

Member #
    Hire a expert in client servicing he can get u a new clients

Member #
    Best way to Improve your business is Digital Marketing..design your own website and promote your website, I means Digital Marketing,like
    *SEO,
    *Social Media Marketing,
    * Banners Advertisement. etc
    Last edited by tecobytes; May 31st, 2016 at 04:37 AM. Reason: text edited

Member #
    From personal experience -
    Local SEO works best.
    You will need someone who is good with handling phone calls and clients.
    Needs to spend some money on Google adwords.
    And you must have related portfolio samples.

Member #
    Liked
    125 times
    You have had so much good advice I am not sure I can add anything but I would suggest that you do as much networking as possible. Attend some of the Meetup groups and perhaps especially those for entrepreneurs since that is going to tend to be people starting or wanting to start a business. You might also want to join the Chamber of Commerce and attend their get togethers.

You might also look for opportunities to make presentations about web sites. Our local Chamber of Commerce does something like that often and many groups are always looking for presenters. Actually If you like that idea and want to try it out I can get you an online gig for a potential specialty group. I would also suggest contacting your local Community College. They often have inexpensive classes on web topics and my use you as an instructor which could open up some potential for businesses that want to learn WordPress to do a site for their own business but may jump at the chance to have you do it.

I would suggest also looking for areas where you can specialize. For example if you get a golf course, bowling alley, antique store contact others in that business and you may be able to develop a following in one area that you can specialize in.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads