Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Publishing a catalog online...whats the best practice/best platform?

Hello thanks for having a look at my post.
    Hopefully you can help me get with the programme and up to speed with the latest in digital publishing.

I've been lazy. there I said it! I've been linking low res PDF versions of print catalog's on sites for years and that just wont cut it anymore.

But I've left it so long that theres now a bewildering array of digital publishing tools and platforms to choose from.

I use InDesign for the print versions, so my first thoughts are Adobe DPS, but then I see stuff like Ikea's digital catalog and read about web apps, native apps and flipbooks...etc and well...I am lost!

So what I THINK I need (please correct me if I am wrong) is an in-browser version of my print catalog but with the option of downloading it.
    Ideally with the publication native/embedded in the website and not have to pay for a subscription.
    As an example an average publication in low red PDF form is 50mb at present.

Whats the best practice overall? Whats best for an inDesign user and whats the future?
    Last edited by disarray; Oct 03rd, 2015 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Too many spaces

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Try issuu.com You can upload your publications, give readers access to download your publication and read it offline, or choose to keep your document private, so only you or your company can see it. And most important, you don't have to low res your catalog anymore. Hope this helps.

Remove Ads