Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By brandMatt

Thread: Anyone else having a bad experience with Google My Business?

Member #
    Liked
    64 times

Anyone else having a bad experience with Google My Business?

The interface is buggy

• it saves garbage values for Friday and Saturday opening hours)
    • it blanks out the address if you edit more than one field at a time without saving
    • editing listings is really really really slow

The human support is horrible

• You have to wait two weeks to get a snail mail verification code
    • Every time you edit the listing you have to wait up to a week for it to be reviewed
    • The people who speak to you on the phone about your listing for some reason place the map marker and retype the address themselves, and always get it wrong - spelling mistakes, wrong location, mixing up roads
    • So then you have to edit the listing again and the cycle starts again

Is it just me, or is this an awful awful experience? I've had to do it twice for people I've made websites for and it is the biggest pain and takes up so much of my time.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I haven't had to do it in a while, but I generally haven't had much of an issue with it. Mind you, I get my verification code over the phone, so that helps.

I'm not sure why you went through that. Maybe it's different in England.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Yeah I have noticed google.com the map listings show up really quickly and the address is correct.

Google UK, it's showing entirely wrong results.

ahhhhhh!!!

(P.S. Swansea is in Wales not England :P :P :P )

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Hey, I knew it was over there somewhere! And I know they have a team in the BPL!

I'm not very good with European geography.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    So I had to do this again for a different business.

Two days. It took just two days, the verification arriving by post two days after I requested it.

Meanwhile the first business page is *still* incorrect after more than three weeks ahhhhhh!

Did I just get really unlucky and the first one got assigned to an intern or something?

Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    I just fixed this last month, but the issue started last February.
    Google had my new address, and old map location. Not only was this incorrect on their SERP, they even snail mailed me an advertisement tailored to my business with it wrong on that too. It was ridiculously difficult to get it fixed.
    sarahswansea likes this.

My Web Site:
    brandwebdesign.ca
    If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link. Some of us are really insecure and need those likes so that we feel important and smart, so come on, help us out, huh?

Remove Ads