Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By TheGAME1264
  • 1 Post By khenney
  • 1 Post By Vapr_Arts
  • 1 Post By Vapr_Arts

Thread: Content promotion Strategy

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Question Content promotion Strategy

Hey people. Want to increase website traffic through posting content. How do you think should I have a blog here https://clever-solution.com/? And what else should I improve.....

Member #
    Liked
    148 times
    It looks like you're already using Wordpress there (I'm assuming that's your site?) so setting up a blog should be pretty simple.

Forgive me for saying so, but one thing I noticed is a real disparity between the level of design skills demonstrated on your own site in comparison to the sites in your portfolio. As a client, that would be a red flag for me. Perhaps you've had some changes to your design team, or started outsourcing design recently?

I'd love to see some more precise info in the "Who We Are" section - it's really vague and doesn't have any names, photos, or bios. Your theme is signed by Pavel Berejnoi, but it looks like he works for a Russian company and it says you're based in New York City. Your domain name is registered to a NYC address but the site is hosted on a Russian web host. Your twitter account has one tweet and it's in Cyrillic text. I personally don't care where you're based or how you source work, but as a client I'd need to trust that you were being up front about it, otherwise it feels dishonest and that's not how you build long-term business relationships.

Understand that I'm not saying you're actually doing anything dishonest, just that the vagueness of the Who We Are section and the ambiguity around your location would raise some concerns in a client. I'd rather see more information about who you are - names, photos, short biography of at least the owner or lead designer. Putting real people online goes a long way toward establishing trust.

~Kevin

Member #
    Liked
    2788 times
    Kevin: your Spidey sense seems to be tingling. That's a good thing...because it should be tingling.

First of all, a company that markets themselves as a Digital Marketer shouldn't be asking a generic one-size-fits-no-one question about traffic generation on forums.

https://clever-solution.com/#Digital-Marketing

Second, this is an awesome tool that can help determine who owns a phone number or block of phone numbers...as in the telco, not the individual.

Local calling guide: NPA-NXX search

The latter phone number appears to be a T-Mobile cell, which would imply that it's local to NY. However, the former number is assigned to Level3, a SIP provider. There's nothing suspicious about using a SIP/VoIP number in and of itself, but when coupled with address associated with the domain, things tend to look suspicious.

Clever-Solution.com WHOIS, DNS, & Domain Info - DomainTools

The registrant address is a virtual address (meaning it's not a real address). It's assigned by International Mail Forwarding : Mail Receiving : Virtual Office Mailing Address : Virtual Office Service : New York : NYC : NYMail.com , where you can also get a 212 number...such as the ones provided by Level3.

There's also the IP address you're posting from:

IP Address: 104.236.244.134

Which happens to be the IP address of this website hosted on Digital Ocean:

https://nycsportsphysicaltherapy.com/

What's really interesting is the map on the site:

https://nycsportsphysicaltherapy.com/contact-us/

Now, I'm not exactly an expert on the demographics of the United States, but I'm pretty sure that the Ukrainian population of New York City isn't particularly large...certainly not large enough for the Google map to show up in Ukrainian/English.

While there's nothing that conclusively says "this is an offshore company", there's enough of a footprint to be very suspicious.
    khenney and Vapr_Arts like this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    148 times
    That's some serious private investigating

Even if they're offshore, or sending most of their work offshore, I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. The problem is trying to represent themselves as something they're not, and the host of trust issues that brings up. If they're a legitimate company, I think it's as simple as updating their about page to reflect where they're really based. If they're not legit, they probably won't be back to read or respond to this anyway, having already succeeded in leaving a link here (which may have been the only reason for this post in the first place).
    TheGAME1264 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    545 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264 View Post
    Kevin: your Spidey sense seems to be tingling. That's a good thing...because it should be tingling.

First of all, a company that markets themselves as a Digital Marketer shouldn't be asking a generic one-size-fits-no-one question about traffic generation on forums.

https://clever-solution.com/#Digital-Marketing

Second, this is an awesome tool that can help determine who owns a phone number or block of phone numbers...as in the telco, not the individual.

The latter phone number appears to be a T-Mobile cell, which would imply that it's local to NY. However, the former number is assigned to Level3, a SIP provider. There's nothing suspicious about using a SIP/VoIP number in and of itself, but when coupled with address associated with the domain, things tend to look suspicious.

Clever-Solution.com WHOIS, DNS, & Domain Info - DomainTools

The registrant address is a virtual address (meaning it's not a real address). It's assigned by International Mail Forwarding : Mail Receiving : Virtual Office Mailing Address : Virtual Office Service : New York : NYC : NYMail.com , where you can also get a 212 number...such as the ones provided by Level3.

There's also the IP address you're posting from:

IP Address: 104.236.244.134

Which happens to be the IP address of this website hosted on Digital Ocean:

https://nycsportsphysicaltherapy.com/

What's really interesting is the map on the site:

https://nycsportsphysicaltherapy.com/contact-us/

Now, I'm not exactly an expert on the demographics of the United States, but I'm pretty sure that the Ukrainian population of New York City isn't particularly large...certainly not large enough for the Google map to show up in Ukrainian/English.

While there's nothing that conclusively says "this is an offshore company", there's enough of a footprint to be very suspicious.
    This is why when you speak, I tend to listen. If this amount of investigation was put into this it shows me how deep you are willing to dive into a subject to gather information.
    TheGAME1264 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2788 times
    Quote Originally Posted by khenney View Post
    That's some serious private investigating

Even if they're offshore, or sending most of their work offshore, I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. The problem is trying to represent themselves as something they're not, and the host of trust issues that brings up. If they're a legitimate company, I think it's as simple as updating their about page to reflect where they're really based. If they're not legit, they probably won't be back to read or respond to this anyway, having already succeeded in leaving a link here (which may have been the only reason for this post in the first place).
    Just to be clear, I don't think that's a bad thing either. If you're good, it doesn't matter where you're from. I'm from a suburb of Toronto, and most of my US and UK clients couldn't care less. Some like to make fun of me for freezing my *** off in October when it's 80 degrees Foreign Heat in Orange County, but it's all good.

The reason I did the digging is because of the grammar in the post and the subsequent generic answers in his other two posts. I looked up the IP using a feature included with vBulletin, and found Digital Ocean. Digital Ocean has been sending quite a few spammers our way lately. This takes the sum total of a minute. The rest of the "research" combined took about 15. The explanation was actually harder than the lookup. But I'm glad you guys appreciated it!
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    545 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264 View Post
    Just to be clear, I don't think that's a bad thing either. If you're good, it doesn't matter where you're from. I'm from a suburb of Toronto, and most of my US and UK clients couldn't care less. Some like to make fun of me for freezing my *** off in October when it's 80 degrees Foreign Heat in Orange County, but it's all good.

The reason I did the digging is because of the grammar in the post and the subsequent generic answers in his other two posts. I looked up the IP using a feature included with vBulletin, and found Digital Ocean. Digital Ocean has been sending quite a few spammers our way lately. This takes the sum total of a minute. The rest of the "research" combined took about 15. The explanation was actually harder than the lookup. But I'm glad you guys appreciated it!
    Not basing it off of difficulty, but thoroughness. You had a speculation and you dug a lil deeper, where I may have speculated the same thing and not cared enough to dig deeper.

In fact, the whole moderation team here is pretty spot on with all their work. Things slip through the cracks now and then, but not usually and not for long.
    TheGAME1264 likes this.

Member #
    You can read here https://adsy.com/content-marketing-strategy about content marketing strategy for increasing traffic. I hope, this post give your useful information for you.

Remove Ads