Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Payment method subscription service

Member #

Payment method subscription service

First of all, not sure whether I chose the right category.

So here is my problem. I am a website designer working in Dubai. I want to offer customers a subscription service, so they pay a monthly fee and I design, build, maintain, update and host their website. Everything is going fine, despite the payments. I'm not sure how I will let customers pay for this service. Let's say if I have a few hundred customers, I guess it would be really inconvenient and inefficient if I had to send a invoice/bill to those few hundred companies each month for a relatively low price. Then I also have to check if they have paid on time etc... Does anyone has a better idea on how to do my payment portal and how to integrate this in the right way on my website? How exactly does this work?

Thanks in advance,
    Christian

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Not even sure what the question is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Since you also offer hosting to your clients, I recommend looking into WHMCS - a popular all-in-one client management, billing, and support solution for online businesses (widely used by web hosts).

Member #
    @Vapr_Arts

How to, and which payment portal to use with subscription service web designing

Member #
    To give some extra information.

Is it really needed to make customers visit us and use their CreditCard data to start a recurring fee? And then automatically receive the money? Or is it also possible to do this all online?

Member #
    Liked
    148 times
    You should be able to do all of this online - search Google for "receive recurring payments" and you'll see dozens of options, from the typical payment processors who offer this (Stripe, PayPal, many traditional CC processors) to more niche companies that specialize in recurring/subscription payments.

Personally, I use Freshbooks for invoicing, which allows me to automatically send recurring invoices to clients via email or post, and keeps track of those invoices so I can tell at a glance who has paid and who is past due. Clients can pay their invoices online using a credit card, and funds get deposited automatically in my account. If you also do a lot of hourly billing and/or invoicing, that might be a solution worth looking into.
    Vapr_Arts likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by khenney View Post
    You should be able to do all of this online - search Google for "receive recurring payments" and you'll see dozens of options, from the typical payment processors who offer this (Stripe, PayPal, many traditional CC processors) to more niche companies that specialize in recurring/subscription payments.

Personally, I use Freshbooks for invoicing, which allows me to automatically send recurring invoices to clients via email or post, and keeps track of those invoices so I can tell at a glance who has paid and who is past due. Clients can pay their invoices online using a credit card, and funds get deposited automatically in my account. If you also do a lot of hourly billing and/or invoicing, that might be a solution worth looking into.
    I agree on the Freshbooks. Being in school and not doing this full time I get away with the $20/mon but if/when I need to scale up I still feel the cost is still very fair.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Are you a designer or a developer?

If you're the latter and really understand a framework, you can build a lot of what you want yourself. That's what I did. I have a timekeeper app that logs the time I spend on each client, with a portion of the app devoted to generating other charges (e.g. hosting, other services that are on a retainer basis). Once a month, I run a second program that sends off the bills and then I record the payments in a third portion of the app.

Mind you, that's not for everyone. It's pretty much for hardcore code lunatics like me.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Junior Member Digital Resellers UK's Avatar
    Member #
    Stripe is good, PayPal has no option for subscription payments

Member #
    Liked
    148 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Resellers UK View Post
    Stripe is good, PayPal has no option for subscription payments
    PayPal most certainly does handle recurring payments, and has for many years. https://www.paypal.com/pdn-recurring
    TheGAME1264 likes this.
    Kevin Henney
    CRUCIAL CREATIVE
    Web Development - Graphic Design - Branding

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads