Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By delstu
  • 1 Post By ragnar
  • 1 Post By delstu

Thread: How often should you post new content? Read and discuss.

Member #
    Liked
    280 times

How often should you post new content? Read and discuss.

I started out producing content sites so can verify that adding more content frequently leads to more traffic and earnings for almost any type of site.

https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/b...ncy-benchmarks
    ragnar likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    How did it turn out for you ? Its a good study i find one thing missing however, but the last line sort of covers it
    Overall, companies that make a commitment to regularly publish quality content to their blogs tend to reap the biggest rewards in terms of website traffic and leads -- and those results continue to pay out over time.
    and that is causation and correlation..... Does fresh content help ranking yes of course , how often we dont know.

But in general somebody who is committed to producing fresh content more often , probably has a higher interest, investment or passion in his or her website, which would likely lead him to create a better quality website.

On the other side , if people see regular fresh quality content , they also deduct that this company cares and is active about its product or service and that makes a user more likely to see the business in a higher standard.

More quality post would also lead to more comments and every comment is an oppurtunity to be interactive with the commenter and showing the readers that your company responds .... and this is gold.

What googles ideal rate of fresh content for a better ranking ? i have no clue . i do them when i get time , but i do have a rule to make it minimum once a month.

It also depends on yourself , ive heard people say twice a week and I KNOW for a fact that I PERSONALLY would start writing rubbish if ii had to write that often.
    Last edited by ragnar; Nov 04th, 2017 at 09:19 AM.
    delstu likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    280 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnar View Post
    How did it turn out for you ?
    Using a narrow niche I reached over 3000 visitors per day with visitors asking questions every day, many of them not bothering to use the search function but asking the same questions over and over again. Traffic was still growing when I sold the site. I found the key to be choosing a narrow enough niche that I could compete but not so broad that it would be hard to compete.

While I knew quite a bit about the niche I still did a good bit of research when writing articles to make sure I covered the topic of the page as well as I could. It is also necessary in my opinion to use your own voice and personality when writing, something that doesn't happen easily if you use ghost writers.
    Last edited by delstu; Nov 04th, 2017 at 10:31 PM.
    ragnar likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    yeah , i do a bit of writing like i said but i found that a bit of "human touch" online goes a BIG way, For example i do mostly graphic and web design and in my small town there are many freelancers like me , Many can code better than myself . But they have no clients , they have no blogs the make things interactive on their site, or met up with clients for a brief. Send out a newsletter to old clients. Human touch is the golden touch here.

But yes personal touch is great and 3000 visitors for a non competitive niche is great too.

Remove Ads