Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Color Tutorials

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Are there any good tutorials on how to choose colors, or what colors match or go together? I'm really stuck on what colors to use on my new skin... I have images set for it, but when using the colors from the images, it just doesn't look that good.

Thanks, Chris.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    http://webdesign.about.com/library/weekly/aa070400a.htm (slightly outdated but it still gives you teh general idea.)

I usually pick one colour for a website that I design and then use variations and shades of that colour in order to make sure nothing clashes. I might add a second colour every so often just to keep the site from looking monotonous, but for the most part I stick to a primary colour and shades thereof and it seems to work well.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    WDF also has a web-safe color picker: http://www.webdesignforums.net/tools/colorpicker/
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Here is one that I use a lot ColorMatch 5K. You choose a main color and it finds 5 or 6 other colors that go well with the main color. Very easy to use.

Another is a program called Color Scheme Generator. You can proably get it off KaZaA. I don't know of any site where you can download it from. But I think ColorMatch 5k will do just fine. Hope it helps.

Peace :beard:

y2k
    Member #
    well hey there mexican hat ... I was just gona post that same link, but ya beat me to it !!!!!
    :-D

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    And only by 18 days. It was such a close race.

(Sorry y2k...couldn't resist that.)
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Hey

Y2K. Are you the same Y2K on echo. I think your the dude with the Simpsons picture. Right. Anyway ...

Peace :beard:

y2k
    Member #
    yup ... dat's me!!

Remove Ads