Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

This my site that I have just finished, please critique the layout and and such (none of the images have been compressed...i'm gonna get to that after I have finalized everything, they're not that big though)...as for content..well that will be soon :\ I've been surfing these boards for quite sometime now and would appreciate all of your inputs, good or bad Oh yeah, I'm not a web designer or anything, this is just a little hobby.

My Site

Editor's note: URL corrected by TheGAME1264.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I'm a little confused. Is this a site selling web design services or is this something else?

Either way, I like most of it. I don't like the light text on dark bg (filburt will likely say the same) and you may get in trouble for using the OE and AIM icons. I do like the Flash menu and the top section, though.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    I'm not selling anything, this is just a personal site so i can post work i've done and computer mods under the projects section. Thanks for the heads up on the icons.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Ahhhhhh okay. I understand now. And you're very welcome!
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Banned
    Member #
    The bad:
    your menu is in flash but the rest in dhtml.. i dont like that
    the text on your main page has to be styled.. it looks very amature right now
    your scrollbar either needs to be skinned or use a Flash one

The good:
    awesome background
    love the drop shadow
    nice image and colors there

Regards,
    Ivaylo Kirov
    http://www.bgidesign.com

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    the site under your portfolio has hard to read text. The site I see right now is okay. You need lighter colors. Visitors don't like dark places...
    Cheers, zionlocke :chinese:
    Links: Zion Creation | Blog

Member #
    I'm in the process of changing the font and scroll bars now. What does the d in dhtml stand for? is it different from html? As for the tool bar...should I make it a little image clip and then just map out the buttons? Or was that just a person preference? Thanks again.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    DHTML is dynamic HTML and a combination of usually Javascript, CSS, and HTML. It's basically HTML elements that can display or hide themselves depending on a user's action. For example a DHTML tree: clicking a parent node would expand or collapse all the child nodes without having to reload the page.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Ok, ty.

Member #
    The site looks great! The projects link doesn't work (http://www.melodicharmony.com/thevo/index.html). And the about link doesn't work.

Maybe get rid of the aol icon and outlook express. I don't see why the aol icon is there. Have your e-mail address in text not a picture. But everything else looks great.

Peace :beard:

Remove Ads