Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Design

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey Guys,

We are thinking of redesigning our website and would like to know what the public likes and dislikes with our website to help us head in the right direction. Comment Away!

Razor Hawk

Member #
    It has too much of that green color IMO. Try and take some of it out.

The navigation links are slightly hard to read and, I think, should have a more noticable rollover action.

The text color you have used doesn't go well with the white background. It blends in - try black or dark grey.

You can only just notice "The pinnacle of web hosting" text up in the corner. Other than "Pinnacle" it is hard to read.

This may not be major but on the hosting plans, I would replace "Meg" with 'MB' it sounds a lot more professional.

I think you should have the navigation all in one place. Having to scroll down and up in some places to see navigation links is not good

Well that should do...for now. I'll give some more comments later.
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Picture is a health&safety hazard... didn't anybody tell him that he'll end up with permanant back problems if he spends his life crouched over like that??

...let's hope you're not hoping to market to the health establishment! :knockedout:

...plus too much whitespace. Space is good, don't get me wrong... there is nothing worse than a cluttered page! But the left hand side of your front page, in particular, is being wasted. That area of the site is precious... use it for something. In other areas I would say you've gone the other way... the "Affiliates" page could do with some room to breath, and the "Acceptable Use" page is a nightmare... I go cross-eyed reading it... needs some paragraph breaks at least...

...and on that subject, the text colour against the background on text-intensive pages such as "Acceptable Use" is not good. I have pretty good vision and it makes my eyes go fuzzy, if I had poor vision I think I'd have difficulty with it... try to ensure that you have a reasonable contrast between foreground and background... I believe you're trying to make things subdued and relaxed, but with such a lot to read it is important to make it simple too.

...have a clear marketing message! The imagery is confused... "Razor Hawk" seems trendy, the bloke with the zimmer frame on order seems relaxed and "Pinnacle of Web Hosting" makes me think of mountains and snow... your message needs to be clear... all I see on this page is a plethora of unrelated images and themes...

...I would also vertically align the left logo and the "Pinnacle..." text on the right. When your eye scans right the drop seems rather peculiar...

Sean

Member #
    While considering the valid design suggestions above, try to incorporte some more content into the homepage. The design looks nice, but it looks empty. More content will make it look more complete.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by will7
    It has too much of that green color IMO. Try and take some of it out.

This may not be major but on the hosting plans, I would replace "Meg" with 'MB' it sounds a lot more professional.
    It should be Mbps really cos it mega BITS per second not mega BYTES...

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Indeed.. it always amazes me how many people expect 56kbps dial-ups to deliver then 56k/second... "but I only get 6k/second max, what's going wrong?" they scream... and I say... "8 bits in a byte, mate! 8 bits..." :-)

Sean

Member #
    I think you need to reconsider the navigation links colour, as there isn't enough contrast between the text and the background. I'd like to see some effects where the form fields change colour upon selection, if you want to know how to do this, just ask . Also the two boxed images (middle right) on the main page look like they should link elsewhere, but they don't....

3/5 .
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    justlivyalife, how do you make the form fields change color upon selection?
    Rednerve

Member #
    The CSS:
    HTML Code:
    .button {
     background-color: #F5F5F5;
     font-family: trebuchet ms, verdana;
     border: 1px solid #0061C0;
     color: #000; }

.form {
     background-color: #F5F5F5 ;
     border: 1px solid #0061C0 ;
     padding: 2px 4px;

.form-on {
     background-color: #C0D8EF;
     border: 1px dotted #0061C0 ;
     padding: 2px 4px;
    The HTML:
    HTML Code:
    <input name="name" type="text" class="form" onfocus="this.className='form-on'" onblur="this.className='form'" />
    Hopefully it is easy to work out where each attribute is used in the code sample.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    OK, me thinks me's got it now.
    Rednerve

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads