Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: my new site

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

hi all.. i am a noob out here and this is my first post. please do check out my site and lemme know what u think - http://chandan.tx.com.ru

thank u all.. waiting for some positive critique..

Member #
    Welcome!

I'm not to keen on the font used for heading the sections, such as 'Search', 'Subscribe' etc, it looks a little jagged and pixelated. Try anti-aliasing it a bit more.

The font used on the navigation bar is a little hard to read, but the colour used makes the 'About' part almost undreadable.

On 800 by 600 resolution, there is no content viewable without scrolling downwards, so what I would do is: either remove the Google Ads, Or move them somewhere else. I'd also like to see a brief introduction to the site above the 'news' section (which in my opinion requires a header to inform the user of it's purpose ).

I would change the red text colour to something else as the red font can easily be misconstrued as a link. I would also increase the font-size to 11 or 12px, possibly changing the font to Verdana as well.

The navigation needs to be conistent, ie on every page. At the moment the other pages are just tables thrown onto the page, try and keep the same three column layout on your subsequent pages.

3/5 at the moment, keep working and get the rest of the site looking like your header banner!
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    ah!! that was really helpful. actually, as mentioned on thje site, there is a massive upadte going on there... right from the layout to contents. so, just to ensure that the old visitors who frequently come to my site do not go back disappointed most of the stuf has been put together in a hurry there. i am working on each of those aspects currently and hopefully will finish it off soon. the fact that i have my exams going on as well is not helping . anyways... thanks for all those comments and i will look into each one of thsoe suggestions prett soon....

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    The navigation need to have a better color fo rht etext. The bright green disney font is hard to see. Keep working on it, because this site could become good. Move the google ad to the bottom of the page please. I won't click on them if you make them the main content of your page. I only help those who discreetly place google ads in their design.
    Cheers, zionlocke :chinese:
    Links: Zion Creation | Blog

Member #
    The banner, navigation and Google Ads take up way too much space. The Google Ads are just competition, and you're calling them "Related Links" and putting them in a prime spot to draw users away from your site. What's more important, $0.001 or keeping a visitor on your site?

I'm not a huge fan of the navigation, it doesn't really fit in with the rest of the site.

Member #
    just try to fix what justlivyalife said, cause what he said was almost EXACTLY what I was thinking

Member #
    uh OK... i made most of the changes that had been suggested. how does it now..?

Member #
    Hmmm It's good that you kept a constant theme through out the design. The one thing that doesn't go well with the design is the green in the header at the top. Perhaps that should be orange also.
    It's a good start.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I like only the header that's very nice, but nothing else.

Member #
    Overall the design and color scheme are great! Good Work

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads