Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Inspired by a thread about frames I just read...

Anyone want to volunteer an opinion or two on Iframes? I seem to have an obsession with them lately and I'm currently using one on my website.

For myself, I use Iframes along with tables, I don't like the idea of a page reloading the same content over and over. I pet peeve of mine I guess.

I'm just wondering really if I should cut it out with them or not...

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    IMO you should avoid iframes except where there's no real alternative, keeping in mind that some older browsers don't support them.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    Include files make life so much easier. I put all of my exterior layout into one include file (and CSS sheet and JScript when necessary) and my of each page into its own page, making sure to call the include file. This is assuming of course you're trying to find a quick easy way to create a template-based website such as WDF.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    For the longest time, I avoided iframes because I was obsessed about making my site work in older versions of Netscape. However, the current design I have now litterally would not work with traditional frames (what worked for one browser didn't for another), so I decided to just go for iframes. I felt guilty about it, but after checking my stats, I found that most of my viewers use IE, so it doesn't matter too much. Of course, if most visitors to my site used old browsers, then I would say nay to iframes. So my opinion concering iframes is 1) are they the best option for your current design; 2) are most of your viewers using browsers that support them?
    The hardest thing about the world is to live in it. (Buffy).

Remove Ads