Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I have change the website from the previous post. Could you give any pointers on how to better the design. i change the homepage so guest can straight away see what the site is about. the navigation bar has a rollover button in blue to match the theme as well.
    and to save you time from registering to view certain sections, you can use this account, login:test, pass:test.
    your comments are much appreciated,
    shaun

Member #
    The whole site looks kinda messy. There are different blocks of text everywhere. The "About" text is in a scroll box that's way too small, and the text on the right side of the page is too small to read as well. Your eye is first drawn to the large image in the middle, and then I don't know where to look next. The design needs to be streamlined a litte better, so the elements look like they are part of the same page.

Member #
    Get rid of the Times New Roman font, as if it was Verdana, it would be more readable even at the small sizes you have it. THis brings me onto my second point, which is to increase the font size across the right and left sides of the entire website.

I would place the main image you have in the centre of the page and put it on the left or right, allowing content to flow to one side of it rather than coming off at various tangents to the sides and top.

I'd like to see some more apparent rollovers on the main navigation, and also changing the images to text and changing the font would make them more readable. What you have could be done quicker and easier using plain CSS and (X)HTML.

Your site bombarded the library PC with pop-ups and adverts to download new things (how glad I am using Firefox at home). Making users register before they can view half of your website means that 90% of people will not register, as they have absolutely no idea what content your site contains. The other pages that I could access just redirected to the 404 page (which asked me to download some useless AT-Games application).
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    yep, i have enlarge the fonts and tried to take the not needed links off. But i still can't find a free host which has no ads and supports php and mysql. If anyone who may have the answer to that, could they please share it.

Member #
    They don't exist.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    what i like - the cup looks ncie

what i dont like - pretty much everything else lol im not trying to be mean but it just doesnt look very put together.. try mroe colours or just more of that blue

Member #
    thanks misterphotoshop for the tips. i will add more blue to my site, and try to add some boarder graphics.
    cheers shaun

Member #
    if i were to redo the widestreet site design, what should i focus most on. ( im still new and will take pointers from just about any designer)

Member #
    i would personally focus mostly on the framework of the site if u know waht i mean like the whole structure of it

Member #
    You should work on putting a wrapper around all of the content on the page. Then organize it into colums or boxes inside the wrapper. You should also try to have a consistant design for the whole site, ie. the same logo, the same bar of links at the top, etc. Also work on the anti-alasing of your images and the resizing. If you need to make an image smaller select the "constrain porportions" option in your image editing program. Make sure that text is easy to read, put blocks of text on solid backrounds instead of overlaying them on images.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads