Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

In what what will, for at least the next little while, will be a series of (hopefully) useful articles to people, I submit #2 for your feedback.

The Secrets of The Shriekers

In this case, I'm trying to focus on one of those BS sales sites that don't really sell anything but do it well.

Note to ironhacker: I think I solved the "some" issue.

What do you guys think?
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Not bad Adam, I like it and it does effectively promote the ideas presented in the article in the article (a pitfall of 90% of tutorials I see out there).

A small note.. when clicking "HTML Code for Referring Links" it changes to "Article Licensing" which to me, made me second guess that I had clicked "Licensing/Redistribution Rights" You might want to change that to something more with the jist of the page.

Another note: when clicking about - then clicking customer testimonials, I get a page not found error.

I haven't had a chance to look at your new site, but I'm liking it 10x better than your previous (which, to be honest, I hated )
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    BTW ADAM, I notice you've been following with some blogs recently Good taste, I love this guy and think he brings some great new blood to sitepoint.

Member #
    The content of the article is good
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Brak: it must have been you that clicked the testimonials link so I could finally find the damn thing. I've been looking everywhere for it but for some reason, it wasn't turning up before. Now I've finally figured out where it is because of the 404 page. Thanks dude.

I'm not sure what you mean by the other one. I tried the "HTML Code For Referring Links" link and it worked fine. Maybe you clicked a little higher than you thought?

As far as that blog goes, much as I'd like to take credit for reading it and staying up-to-date with stuff, I can't. I've never heard of that guy before. The idea to take a site that I absolutely despised and see why it had been around for four years despite nearly making me want to bludgeon myself to death due to the spam-related content is what inspired it.

Good tuts, by the way, Steve.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Interesting, well you're implementing a lot of the ideas he mentions a lot for online businesses. Also for the second one I meant the unordered list to the left that has the list of articles. It usually changes from something like "Go learn..." to "just it" but for the HTML Referrer link it changes to Licensing.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Can you give me a screen cap on that, please and thanks? I still can't see what you're talking about. I'm looking at it now and it seems fine where the HTML referrer link is and it goes to the right page.

And it's possible that I'm implementing the ideas. I've picked them up here and there over the years and sort of formed my own "toolkit", as it were, which I'm going to reveal through the articles. Mind you, a lot of what I say is pretty common-sense so it's well within the realm of possibility that someone else thought of it.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Never mind. I see what you mean. Thanks man.

Remove Ads