Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hows my site?

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi,

Im currently redesigning a webpage for a client and so far i think it looks ok (the client is happy with the look of it so thats the main thing!) just wondering if you guys can give me any ideas on what i could do better? Any improvements you suggest will be greatfully recieved.

Heres the link:
    http://www.stockleyevents.com/redesign/index.html

Cheers

Aaron

Member #
    First off you should really code the site in xHTML just for standards sake, but it's not that much of a big deal.

The site looks very boxy imo, especially with the nav on the left that really imposes on the eye - but also looks a bit boring. Try cutting or rounding the corners off of some of the boxes to give them a more pleasing aesthetic.

Also there's still some aspects of the colour scheme that could do with some work. The 'Sports Tours' and 'Corporate Events' boxes look odd with that aqua colour, a colour with a little more blue in it would probably work one hell of a lot better.

Apart from that it's pretty good and with a few touch-ups it could be even better.

Member #
    Is this site and English language site? (I noticed some other language in those bottom boxes) If it is, you spelled "Organizing" incorrectly. Just a heads up.

Pardon me if I'm just being ignorant, I wasn't sure if it was a misspelling or not
    - Justin Scheetz

Member #
    I appreciate the comments guys, riat_sila i will have a go at changing the box corners to be more rounded and the sports tours and corporate events boxes will recieve a bit more blue treatment.

Webzyne, yes this site is an english language site, that you see is lorem ipsum filler text as my client hasnt given me content for those sections yet and the filler text gives an idea of how it would look with some content in. Also this is a UK site so for us organising is spelt correctly.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Nice!

Any way of making the top image load faster? Although at least I did have text to read while I was waiting....
    My best pal's site: Algarve Beach Life :ichatcool:

Member #
    Thanks Sarab,

The top image is a large image which i suppose may load quicker if i optimise it and possibly slice it up. Im not really up to that stage just yet, im just trying to get something together which looks good and i can refine it from there.

Member #
    I added a flash text effect to the tagline in the top right hand corner. I wouldnt normally do this but its what the client wants. Anybody else got any suggestions?

Member #
    Not a bad site, but the flash movie is very compressed (and the quality is bad). Also I think the site would be better hugging the top of the browser space. 3/5
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    You might want to make the navigation links gif's instead of jpegs. As is they look messy.

Member #
    Thanks again for the comments guys ill definately try to incorporate them into the site.

Justlivyalife i agree about the site hugging the top of the browser so thats the first thing ill change.

Splufdaddy ill switch then nav to gifs and see how they look, the jpegs do look messy.

Does anybody else think the site looks too boxy? And is the colour scheme ok?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads