Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey, I was wondering if you could tell me what you think of my new homepage at http://www.therustybarrel.com/david

Thank you for your time!

Member #
    looks nice but kinda plain imo.. could use some images or something

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Looks like the average blog and not a design site.
    Cheers, zionlocke :chinese:
    Links: Zion Creation | Blog

Member #
    Saw this on WDT:

1) Them white boxes really stand out - but too much IMO. They just horribilise the site.

2) There seems to be a big gap between the left-hand column, and the main conent - try reducing that gap a bit

3) The "David Taylor" banner is a bit boring to say the least. Try brightening it up a bit.

4) A sepearate page for the site styles? Put em all on the homepage so users know they're there - all the time. Maybe along the bottom of the site in a small font with "|"s seperating them?

5) It might be worth coding a PHP mail form. You can make polls, so use the 30 mins (max) it takes to make a mail form to make one

6) Maybe "Information" should be replaced with "Site Statistics"?

7) Is there really any need for the Google Ads? I hate seeing them on sites personally. I spose they're a way to make money, but they just get in the way...

Well, that's my critique...for now...I might give some more later when I have had chance to have a proper look round the site. I'm a busy guy lately.
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

Member #
    The colors don't look bad, but they could be improved IMO. The link in my profile can help you with that.

Also, I tried to vote in your poll and it told me I have already voted.

Member #
    The thumbnails you have used in the portfolio and designs pages are very unclear as in you cant see what they are, some (lazy) people may only look at these thumbnails and if they arent clear they are pointless. Also i was expecting them to be links but when i tried to click them they arent. Also the actual links to the pages load in the same window as your page, you dont want to drive people away from your site do you? Change them to open in a new window.

The david taylor logo is quite dull and looks very jagged, come up with a logo in an image editing program which would improve the site.

Remove Ads