Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Just uploaded the new version of my portfolio, what does everyone think?

http://www.johngodfrey.net

Member #
    The music is a big turn off. Open the site with it off, or just remove it all together.

On 800 by 600 resolution, you can only see the banner, and a tiny part of the main body. Not being able to see the navigation without scrolling is a big turn off too.

3/5 overall, it's nice .
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Looks great, and your work is certainly nice.

A small thing I didnt like is the lack of sound (other than the music), nothing so cheesey as found on the majority of flash sites, but it could do with something subtle to bring the atmosphere togeather.

Alot of the written content is blurry and slightly hard to read, but that's flash for you.

High 4/5.

Member #
    I agree with the music comment. It took me a while to figure out how to turn it off. I would have left if I wasn't critiquing the site.

The work on your site is really nice. It would be even nicer if we could see some larger samples of even some of the work.

Member #
    Hi There,

Well, that is one sexy site, the quality is excellent....congrats!

I too think the music is out of context with the site.

What I would have is make the main picture of the room with 3 windows interactive, theres quite a bit of space there that could do with some features to keep people busy.

Nice one
    4/5
    [URL=http://www.madcowweb.co.uk]Lancashire Web Design/URL]

>>Please excuse the spelling in my signatures <<aranoid: aranoid:

Member #
    is there any home button to return to the main page? even though the home page doesnt really show any thing of significants it should still ahve a button for it imo unless there is and i cant find it

the music is kinda ok imo kinda odd sounding at times but the beat is nice

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I recommend never using music on any web site. Overall, ou have a nice site developing there. However, the whole thing is flash. You lose a lot of small business customers that way.
    Cheers, zionlocke :chinese:
    Links: Zion Creation | Blog

Member #
    music never hurt anyone unless the music either sucks or theres not on/off button

Member #
    Who decides if the music sucks? That's not black and white, there's no piece of music that everyone is going to like. If people can't find the on/off button, they'll just leave. A lot of people listen to their own music while surfing the web, and if you play music over that, there's a good chance they'll just leave your site. It's an effect that's cool for the first minute and then gets annoying. I can't think of one major website that uses music (2Advanced doesn't count - they break lots of rules just to be "cool").

Member #
    Graphically I think that the site is excellent with a really cool orange and black colour scheme. Unfortunately you don't really have any copy except the small bit on the front 'page' (which I can't get back to) it would be more beneficial to you to have some more about your specific services imo. Also I would recommend offering a HTML alternative for dialup (and ISDN) users as well as those with non-visual browsers and/or without the flash plugin.

Remove Ads