Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Frog On Top

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Just finished my portfolio site, I've still got about 100 or so portfolio entries to add. PHP/ mySQL with flash integration in some areas.
    Frog On Top Studios
    Visit me at www.frogontop.com

Member #
    Wow...all these sites make mine look crap!

I REALLY like this, the frog is very smart! Nice clean site, easy to nav, good flash work....although I would prefer a close animation button, cause after a few loop's it gets on your nerves a tad!

You are obviously an acomplished company, especially if you have a 100+ portfolio so I am sure you already know how good this site looks!

I would be intrested how much skill/time/knowlegde/software is needed to produce the frog character, as I could use a cow on my site thats looks more 3D.

Rgds,
    Ben.
    4.5/5
    [URL=http://www.madcowweb.co.uk]Lancashire Web Design/URL]

>>Please excuse the spelling in my signatures <<aranoid: aranoid:

Member #
    The frog is smart! :P

But I don't need Flash MX to view your site, just the Flash 7 Plugin. You can get rid of the required screen res too (as it worked just fine above that resolution).

I like the welcome intro part (but the site took a fairly long time to load on 512KB connection).

I would repeat the navigation on the top of the move as well as on the bottom (as it took me a while to find the nav underneath the site ). I like the sound effects although there is a lot of them, good work. 4/5
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    It didn't take long to load on 56k, and that's definitely a plus. I like the rollover effect on the portfolio page! Very cool! The sound effects are indeed excellent. Nice touch.

Member #
    One word: Awesome
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD
    kevind_2007--"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way."--Babe Ruth

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Member #
    thats amazing man! i would say from ur portfolio and everything that ur almsot at the level of 2advanced studios one thng i noticed about ur portfolio is that if u click the next button fast the preview bocks gets lost and displays a different picture than than what the words say and eventually it would stop showing the images probably wont be a problem cuz im assuming not many ppl will be clicking through so fast but jsut letin u know

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I love the site and I wish you well.
    Cheers, zionlocke :chinese:
    Links: Zion Creation | Blog

Member #
    Thanks for all the great words everyone! Just like any site there is always room for improvement, and over time i'll be fixing some of the little things.

justlivyalife - your right, I was a little unclear, I should have put Minimum Requirements. And Change the Flash MX to Flash 6 Player.

Mad Cow Web - I guess it all depends on your enthusiasm and drive. I'll admit 3D can be pretty tricky, and I don't expect you'll be pulling off modeling, rigging, lighting & animating after your first month of doing it. It does take time. I actually started out in 3D about 8 Years ago doing game design - building low polygon models. Much has changed since then, and although the tools are more robust so is the learning curve. Most of the time I use 3D Studio Max, however there were times in a production environment where i was required to use Maya. Max has a easier larning curve, where as Maya is more difficult, but the results can be a tad better.

I think my best piece advice to give is: Make sure if Mad Cow is the way you want to go with a professioanl name. I think it's definately got i'ts cool side, but unfortunately in light of all the Mad Cow Disease scare through the US, Canada & Great Britain, it flashes somewhat a negative connotation. Just my two cents, as far as 3D, I would suggest going to school, or if you are really self disciplined, get a few books and buy the program!

Member #
    could u recomend some good books please on how to use 3dsmax cuz all these internet tutorials r kinda useless for me and ive had it for like around half a year almsot and still dont have a clue how to use it properly.. thanx

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by misterphotoshop
    could u recomend some good books please on how to use 3dsmax cuz all these internet tutorials r kinda useless for me and ive had it for like around half a year almsot and still dont have a clue how to use it properly.. thanx
    What version of max? Also try CGTalk - this is the web's largest resource on 3d, with a huge forum where anybody and everyone can give clues and hints. Tutorials, reviews and lots of other cool stuff.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads