Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

does anyone have any advice on how to make our credit counseling site more user friendly?

Member #
    It's a nice clean site. Maybe the BillBiz.com header is a bit too large, while the text is quite small. The image on the horozontal is a nice touch, adds friendliness, but maybe have the header read something about debt consolidation, or insurance, or one of your other services, larger, or better yet have a simple flash banner the rotates your services (above the image bar). Your sub catagories are quite low on the page and should proably be higher.

On your three buttons "How It Works, Who's eligible & The Results" perhaps instead of using the dark blue background, try a lighter background. There is a lot of contrast between the text, and since your eyes have become used to text against a white background, it somewhat of an eyestrain when you click them.

I think the orange member bar should also be higher, as it adds purpose the orange in the bullets, plus for anyone viewing at 800x600 they will have to scroll down to reach it... make it mroe accessable.

All in all a very clean site.
    Visit me at www.frogontop.com

Member #
    I thought the 'Member Access' panel was in an akward location, just below the gui at the top would be an approprite place, or maybe creating a third column to house it in.

Definently remove the justification form the sub-headings, it breaks up the impact that they would otherwise generate, it's also much harder to read.

It's debatable whether or not you would want to keep the same alignment for the main page copy as it seems to be written well and not produce too many gaps. The benefits of the standard left-alignment include allowing the eye to more easily locate the next line and provide markers as to the point that has been read up to. (Important in long blocks of text)

The natural uneven right edge of paragraphs also looks more interesting and helps break up the generic blocky-ness of a layout.

I'm not sure if this next point is how I've got my browsers configured but there's a difference between how your sub-headings appear in IE/FireFox vs Opera. (see attached image) - Mistake or not, they look alot nicer in Opera.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    I think the orange bar should go directly underneath the green horizontal. I feel it would make things feel a lot more uniform and logical, and easier on the eye. Overall though, a nice, simple site. Well done

Member #
    I agree. The "Member Access" bar looks like it's a footer. I was very surprised to find so much content below that. After the Member Access bar, you have a text-navigation, another footer-like feature. If I were you, I'd focus on maximizing the space at the top of your website, making sure that you use the space "above the fold" (the space a user sees w/o scrolling) as effectively as possible.

Remove Ads