Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I have designed this site as for a photographer who wants to showcase the pictures that they have done .
    http://members.lycos.co.uk/tarrison159/phot/index.php
    I like the site but i feel that it could be improved, any comments/suggestions would be welcome

Member #
    It's alright. It's a bit basic though. Navigation and content - that's all. Also, I hate the font on the navigation (TNR?) lose it and replace it with Verdana or Trebuchet MS or Tahoma or something like that. Also, it's a bit dark 2/5 as it is, but plenty of room for improvement
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

Member #
    Why have you created the pages so long? The page height can be 100% maximum if there is not much content so that the footer is at the bottom of the page. But here due to no reason visitor has to scroll vertically.

Also the color combination is little too dark considering this is a photographers site. Try to keep the page backgrounds as white as possible. The images will look brighter then.

Also you have to improve on the navigation and links. The fonts are not very professional (seems you have used default font) and the links are also do not look like links. Try to make the links stand out from the normal body text of the site.

Though good work done if you are a newcomer to this field. Visit more sites for reference before you start on any particular web project.

Best of Luck!!

Member #
    well i've switched the font to verdana (was bankgothic bt lt before)
    i really cant decide on a colour scheme , i always have this problem when designing sites

Member #
    Not too bad, pretty basic though.

The color scheme problem will clear itself up as you gain more experience designing websites.

Member #
    http://members.lycos.co.uk/tarrison1...ite2/index.php
    ive redesigned it a bit - not to sure about it though

Member #
    well its definetly better soem things i noticed.. why do some of the rollovers change the font colour and other dont? and the links on the view photos page dissapears into the bg cuz ur onmouseover changes it to white which is not good

Member #
    Look at the site in a browser besides IE. There are some alignment issues. Also, why is the banner just a gradient? If he's a photographer, show some of his work! Also, the quotes around his name look weird.

Member #
    well ive redesigned the site a bit and havent had time to finish it all off thats why there is a few problem here and there.
    This is the hompage for the site, the rest of the site will use the same theme
    http://members.lycos.co.uk/tarrison1...te3/index3.php
    I know there are alot of improvements still that i can do help me out pls

Member #
    Woah. All those lines are confusing. On an 800x600 resolution, you're page is going to scroll horizontally. You need to allow about 20 pixels for the vertical scroll bar, so 780 pixels is the max width. Also, your code needs some cleaning up. You have some extra <HEAD>, <BODY> and <HTML> tags in there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads