Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello,
    Brand new to this forum so just wanted to see what the Elders thought of my site:
    http://www.webolero.com

Inquiring minds want to know.
    Thanks,
    Web O Lero
    www.webolero.com
    Original Web Design

Member #
    Maybe you should work on your menu a little. The design is quite cute, but it doesn't really let users know what do do. Maybe label the buttons so they know where to click. That would be a start.

I like the design, it's funky and certainly different. I would put a little more information about your business and services though so visitors know more about who they could be dealing with.

The only real downside (other then the buttons) is the use of tables for something which really doesn't need any. It looks good, but it is a simple design. It would be very easy to do that with just a few CSS styles. No problem. I would consider looking into doing so. The benefits are numerous.Better accessibility, faster loading times, standards compliant, reduced markup. These are just a few that scratch the top of web standards and how they are used to your advantages.

Hope this helps,
    Daniel.

Member #
    The two buttons on the index page can confuse people. The problem is that it takes a few seconds for the rollover to load and when someone puts there mosue over the rollover without it being loaded, they have no idea where to click next or where it leads to.

Member #
    The design is not bad, but I spend too long trying to find your menu , and a preloadscript might indeed come in handy for your buttons

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I love it! It does exactly what it sets out with style and simplicity accompanied by a feeling often overlooked by most web sites.

You do need to preload your two main images though as it took a long time for them to load for me and figure out what it was.

The downsides?
    You're going to have almost zero SEO campaigning material there...
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    I like the style, but there's no information on the site! There's a portfolio page and a contact page. Give people a reason to contact you besides your portfolio. Explain what you do, introduce yourself to the customer. When a customer walks into a store, a sales person is quick to greet them and and ask them questions/give information. Right now customers are left on their own to seek out information about you (which doesn't exist on your website).

Member #
    Ok, I added a preload script .... let me know, yes?
    As for the rest, I agree that the site is rather condensed and that there is not too much blabla ... I will heed the advice and consider it. But I was wanting to shoot for a minimalist site (textually) since I noticed that many people don't bother to read a lot of the text that's on a site. (This can be easily tested ...)
    Let me know about the preloader, yes?
    And many thanks to all of you for taking the time to comment!
    Yours,
    F
    www.webolero.com
    Original Web Design

Member #
    Dumb Question: should I put the average cost that I charge for a website on my site? I've checked out some of your sites, some do and some don't ... inquiring minds want to know why - either way.
    Many thanks,
    F
    www.webolero.com
    Original Web Design

Member #
    I don't list prices on my website because I there is no "average website". Some people want a large database driven website solution, while others want only a small 3-4 page website. Listing the price of the small website would be decieving to customers wanting a large site. Listing the price of a large website would scare away customers wanting something smaller. Every website is different, so every quote is different IMO.

Member #
    I love the design! It is extremely original and different. I also like the "cartoony" looking background. Well done.
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD
    kevind_2007--"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way."--Babe Ruth

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads