Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Could anyone tak a look at http://www.jobnews.ca and criticize my design because it will really be helpful for me.

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    Not a bad start, but I'd make a few changes:

1) Use Tahoma, Verdana or Arial instead of Times New Roman. TNR looks so...1997.

2) You've put in a lot of work writing up the descriptions for the various ad programs but what isn't clear is how the rating is established. Maybe a pros/cons section or something?

Other than that, I like it.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Yeah, your design is simple and effective, but I would definately change your main font to Arial size 2. (or Verdana / Helvetica). You could actually specify all 3 fonts if you want.
    <font face='arial,verdana,helvetica" size="2"> etc., this way, you can reduce the chance of Times New Roman being used.

Another suggestion: make sure there is actual white space between your paragraphs. This makes it easier for viewers to read / skim.

Finally, the header graphic has all of that empty white space...I don't know if this is intentional or if you were planning to add more, but it would be nice if you could add more to it. It doesn't even have to be a lot, either, like, a nice faded background or something would look great.
    The hardest thing about the world is to live in it. (Buffy).

Member #
    Along with what Game & michiepoo said, loose the italic text on the main page, as I found it bothersome to read.

Also, I think the nav choices should change when you hover over them - this is just a personal choice, but I find people respond better to visual changes in a menu system.

Member #
    well what do you think now?

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    I think you've almost got it. All you need to do now is change the headers, table headers and hyperlinks to the same or a similar font and you're on your way!
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Thanks for reviewing

Member #
    I like the site too. I agree that the nav should have mouseovers, they almost seem like a standard today, esp with the type of nav you have.

Also, you have framed the page nicely, how about adding a line at the bottom, connecting the left and right side?

My only other comment is regarding the links on the top left. Add a little bit of space between the "About" and the edge of the page, and fix the About link linking to the homepage.

Those are small issues though, I like the design!

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    where is the header? give it to us raw and wrigglin'!
    Cheers, zionlocke :chinese:
    Links: Zion Creation | Blog

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    I never saw the original design.

My only criticism (and it's a big one) is that the main navigation links are illegible, because they're white text on a light colored gradient BG.

Either put a dark outer glow (using multiply instead of the default screen filter) or get rid of the gradients and use solid colors for the BG color on the nav. Maybe you could use the gradient images as the rollovers (2 birds with one stone)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads