Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

hi everyone.

please, review my new project at:

www.iconfish.com

it's the stock icons collection website that is providing high quality royalty-free icons to people in various formats: vector (AI, EPS, XAR, SWF, PDF) and Windows XP .ico format (16x16, 32x32 and 48x48 size).

please, comment the design, the icon collection available, etc. thanks.

regards,
    luka
    www.gablu.biz
    www.iconfish.com

Member #
    Pretty nice site you have there, very sleak.

Member #
    looks pro

Member #
    that looks excellent man! everything is butiful

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Looks slick, but I hate it.

Feels like you sat over at Icon Buffet, stole every design element and applied your colors and icons and put out a website.

Lame.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    It does look very similar. Too similar. Both designs are slim and centered, and you use an iframe in a very similar way that they do in the top half of your design.

When showing an icon collection, both sites describe the collection on the top left, and show a chart on the top right with the different sizes available in the collection. The space below your iframe is used almost identically as well. 0/5.

Member #
    yes, you noticed right, it's similar to iconbuffet.. quite similar i must say. i just designed it, partner required it to be similar to iconbuffet (which, i personally like as a site) for the first run, as we didn't have chance to do a complete site the way we want it, but wanted to get it online. he thought that kind of site would work (the layout/etc) fine for icon collections project, until we get the new version online. as the big update is coming soon on iconfish, i'll let you know when it's updated and design changed to more "coporate" theme (as we're having a couple of projects in pre-launch phase now, they'll be having joint design elements).

Member #
    That's a great way to sink a business before it even starts. A design company copying another design company's website. Lack of time is no excuse to steal a design. If you don't have enough time to get a good design up, then you make time. You don't launch the site until you've created your own, unique design. You delay the site's launch, instead of launching a site quickly that's not yours. If your reputation isn't tarnished enough already, iconBuffet could do some damage too, like seek damages for stealing their intellectual property.

Member #
    anyway, while we're building new iconfish site, just to let you know guys that new set of 85 icons is available.. again, in all various vector formats (swf, ai, eps, pdf, xar) and windows ico (16x16, 24x24, 32x32, 48x48). we've also decreased the price a bit (to $79.00 USD per set) and you can buy a bundle of both sets for just $99.95.. that's 170 icons... a bargain

regards all.

luka
    www.iconfish.com
    www.gablu.biz

Member #
    Doesnt look too much of a rip to be honest. Ok they are both slim and the actual designer has said he was "inspired" by icon buffet but ive seen a hell of a lot worse.

That said however i didnt like his last post which was a shameless plug for his site and disregarding any advice offered.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads