Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I created a new layout yesterday and started coding it today.

I'm still tihnking of a way to put links into the design and keep the same feel. i have experimented with various things and i'm yet to find something good. so currently i only have the single page.

http://www.alixd.co.uk/letter

Member #
    It's a good concept, but why is it right aligned? That's just...odd. I don't like that very much.
    There should be a bit of spacing between the images and the text in the 'Completed Designs' section. And that font doesn't work very well. I would use something a bit more clear and easy to read like verdana or arial. Yeah, they're a bit boring, but they work.
    Other than those little issues I think the design is great

Member #
    I think it is a pretty cool idea. The right aligned is OK but I would center it myself and then rip up the other edges as well.

I'd work on some coffee stains or something as well, to add to the "old" torn look. I like the idea of the bits of paper scattered around but not sure about the staples, it just wouldn't look right in my opinion.

Over all I like it, and think it has some potential. If I were you I would try and work on the realism of the paper and make it look more real. Then it really would be good. And scrap the staples for the smaller bits of paper.

Dan.

Member #
    ok i'm removing staples and tearing up the right hand side. still need to find a way to make a navbar or something fit in

Member #
    Why not have the navigation on the top right or the papper? Maybe tear away a horizontal rectangle from the corner and put a few buttons or text (whatever you want) in there with some nice roll overs?

I think that may look cool. (On the brown background where the rip is if I didnt make it clear what I mean)

I can't promise it will look good but it would be worth a try and it will be something different.

Member #
    I would make 2 designs. 1 for 800x600 and one for 1024x786. Than add a start page and make them choose. Your background is great but it would be best if ti would fill the screen.

Member #
    i'll try the navigation thing in a bit.

i like the idea of a 800x600 page and a 1024x768 page, but i cant think of how to fill up all the excess space + i will have to upkeep 2 sites at once ... bleh

Member #
    I wouldnt have an extra page. The splash page is not needed and neither are two different sizes. I'm on a 1024x786 and I like the look of the narrow centered pages that are about 750px wide. I think it looks cool. The splash page is a barrier between your visitors and the site. They want to get in amongst it all and see what you can do with your work.

Member #
    well i really like the colours of that wit the dark blue and beige/brown colour looks reall ncie to me but the right align is very weird

Remove Ads