Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: My Latest Site

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Ive just recently completed a website for 'The Hypnosis Man'
    He wanted a smart design so i thought dark blue.

www.thehypnosisman.co.uk

Please comment to what you think, thanks.

Member #
    In which resolution did you make your site. I'm looking at it in 1024 and it looks alittle small.

Next you need either graphics or flash on your front page. Your site is smart as you said but it is so static that it becomes boring. The main thing is,

GRAPHICS - pictures or anything that adds something other than text to the page.

Next try to make your contact page a form. People keep more interest if they don't have to leave the site to send a message.

Member #
    well kinda borring like siad there^ and isnt red a smart colour? i dunno i heard that it is but i could be wrong

Member #
    Making the entire site blue doesn't make it look smart, it makes it look dark. The design is nice, but the color scheme needs some work. I'd rather see a dark text on light background combination, instead of the opposite that you have right now.

Instead of just using a bolder version of the same size font for your headlines, mix it up a little more (different color/size?).

I would also agree that a graphic or two would certainly make the site more appealing to the eye.

Member #
    Some mouseovers for your navigation would definately improve the site, also i think the font size you are using for your content text seems a little large to me, for example your heading "Stop Smoking In One Hour!" is the largest thing on your page, bigger than the nav text and the actual site heading this just looks a little weird to me.

Also the site is a little slim which isnt too much of an issue however on some pages i have to scroll to read text that if your site was a little wider i wouldnt have to.

The site is a bit dark but again i dont have too much issue with this as long as your content is readable (and it is), it definately needs to be spruced up with some graphics/images. You can get free or reasonably priced royalty free stock photos from lots of good resources on the web i particulary like www.sxc.hu. So get some images on there and it will be an improvement, your on the right track though.

Aaron

Member #
    Thanks guys for the tips, i will be adding some extra graphics as soon as i can.

Member #
    homepage typo: "there habbit" should be "their habit".

Also it says "read more". shouldnt there be a link there?

Member #
    I agree with adding graphics. Maybe make a graphic with a cigarette with a circle stamp thingie(ya know, they use them when they promote No Drugs), and maybe put it in the lower right-hand corner?
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD
    kevind_2007--"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way."--Babe Ruth

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Member #
    My last $.02 maybe you can even expand the idea of Kevind ^ and make it a random picture. I don't know what you can do with that hypnosis stuff but like the siggaret idea is great, but next time the page is loaded you might show like something else you can do.

Remove Ads