Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Your Opinions

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi all,
    I have only recently tried to get into the web designing game, and I know there's alot more still to learn to make sure the websites I design are successful.

One of my first projects was www.mrcrumbles.net, and the owner has recently added the site to Google Adwords. As this is obviously a costly venture, I want to ensure the site is as efficient and easy to navigate as possible. I was wondering if anyone could give me any feedback on its design?

The shopping cart system was added after the main site, and was rather rushed. For this reason I don't feel it has been integrated well into the existing design. Nevertheless, It would be nice to see whether people feel the same or not.

Any feedback at all would be great.
    Regards

Sam

P.S: The above site is a priority, but if anyine would like to see my official site (www.digitalpace.co.uk) and my other projects: (www.littlegemsnorthampton.com, www.studio9magic.co.uk, www.northants-thcministry.tk/) there they are!

Member #
    The site is great. It is easy enough to navigate, but just some comment.

On your first page. Above your copyright. There is all that text there, it doesn't seem that important. If it si not part of the copy right maybe you could delete it or give it another color. It looks like your stuff is fake. I think its not but alot fo copyright text cn give a visitor the idea that there is something not right.

Next maybe you could give your horizontal navigation bar like text, saying what is what. Because on first glance they just look like pictures. And the most important link is there; The online Store Front.

Last, what happens when you click on children costums. For a second you get a redirection page(think its that)?

Member #
    All that text is for search engines, more specifically google, which will pick up on keywords.
    I definately agree with you on the horizontal navigation bar. I kept away from adding text in there to keep th design consistant, but that's no use if people get confused. That will also allow me to rid the contents page of the definition of those links, which will also allow me to bring the content further up the page... come to think of it.
    Yes the children's costumes page does re-direct using a meta tag. This is because I noticed google has taken a snapshot of a previous version of the site, which had those pages in place. For some reason google will not update, and I noticed alot of 404 errors on those pages as people used the links from google. (Anyone know how to tell google to update other than the meta tags?) Anyway that's why I have that in place for now. (You may have also noticed a lack of product for children's costumes etc., that is left in the hands of the owner who hasn't much time to update it.)

Many thanks for your comments, much appreciated. I will start work as soon as I can =]

Sam

Member #
    Google idexes almost every page so it may take up-to 6weeks before they update but they will in time. So the meta-redirect isn't actually neccesary.

Next for teh keywords, you can also just insert them into your HTML.

I reviewed your source, and you also have it there. So it isn't really neccesary to put it on your page. If all fails you may put hidden text on it. The google bot will still be able to find it and index it but it won't have to show on your page.

Member #
    The top nav bar really does need some text. I didn't realize they were links.

Member #
    Mystery meat navigation is never good (unless it is blatantly obvious).

I'm not too keen on your design style, however. It looks a little too childish in my opinion, and could do with looking slightly more professional?

3/5 .
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    you use logos with different coloured letters and the yellow letters blend in to the yellow background and make the logo look really bad.

Member #
    In which case it's not mystery meat. lol.
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

Member #
    True, although I thought people would get the idea that they were links. However, I will learn from my mistake and ensure each link made is obvious. :classic:

I'm not too keen on your design style, however. It looks a little too childish in my opinion, and could do with looking slightly more professional?
    This is the style chosen by the client... as for the design looking too childish, you may or may not have noticed its for a 'Party Shop', incedently in association with a children's entertainer? (If that's what you were referring to.)

you use logos with different coloured letters and the yellow letters blend in to the yellow background and make the logo look really bad.
    I agree. Although the client specifically wanted a duplication of the actual shop logo, I should have switched the colours somehow... also the yellow stars which do my eyes in.

Many thanks for peoples input!!

Remove Ads