Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Yes? No? you decide - all comments appreciated!

http://www.sconner.net/index.php?page=home

It's a dark design, created using Photoshop, Dreamweaver and PHP - still needs some tweaking, probably change the header, as it's late here and I was getting tired making it. Few changes to be applied.

Member #
    I really like it, especially the header, maybe add a bevel where it says "digital perfection" over the orb you have in the header
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD
    kevind_2007--"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way."--Babe Ruth

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Member #
    Your site is great let me start out with that, because I always have critic but that doesn't mean a site is bad.

Something that you don't have to do but I would if it was me, a common end page. Your background also shows a end but it shows an end of the information not the page. Maybe you could move your copyright all the way down and place it on everypage. Hope you understand what I mean because I couldn't word it in the right way.

Writing that little piece already took me 10 min so let me end with; Maybe you could add some graphics, and flash would also look really good on your page. Maybe a picture of yourself, cut out, that only you not your surrounding.

Member #
    Cool design. I wouldn't mind seeing some rollovers for your nav and a more graphical header. You could do something like a vibrant blue or green, making the banner stand out a little bit. Looks good.

Member #
    yea, i think having a white rollover would be nice. i think making the header a little bit more busy with more of that orange color in it would be nice too, maybe a faint binary watermark in the header or something like that.

having the dates underlined makes it look like what a link would look like on the page. maybe instead of underlining it you could bold it and make the gap between letters wider or something like that to make it look more like a header and less like a link. making the actual links look more like links in the text would be good too.

as for the profesional side of the site it's fine exept i think you should either move your journal, or make a mirror of the site without the journal. your social life isn't very marketable :chinese:
    Jason

Member #
    Firstly, thank you for all of the comments!

I will be adding some more to the header tonight probably, it was 12am last night when I was working on it, so I didnt really put anything into the header.

I would also love to put some flash in it, but I don't actually know ANY flash what so ever, I've tried time after time to actually get myself into it, but it's just not my 'thing'.

Also, rollovers, are a good idea! - I think I'll add some on the main links in the nav bar, I don't know why I didn't do that in the first place.

After reading the last comment (above this one) this is my reply :P

The website is about me, nothing more than me, I've got many websites, and I just thought I could make a personal one in which I would write in (but hardly ever do)and display my online portfolio, there is no real selling point of the website, just a bit of fun :P

Anyway, thanks again, I'll keep you posted on v4 :cheeky:

Remove Ads