Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Totally redone

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Well with the suggestions of members here, completely revamped my site. It still needs much refinement, but it's well on it's way........I think.

Member #
    aaaaaaahhhhhh the music! Lose it! then ill look at the site again

Member #
    yikes dude.

i am in no way trying to be rude, but that site looks very.... outdated.

sorry.

music is also very "out".

Member #
    What would make the site up-to-date?
    Lose the wood? LOL

Member #
    Okay music deleted.... Now what?

Member #
    Ok first things first, i go on to your site and the first thing that turns me away is the music, thats gone so great ill stay a bit longer, but hold on except for your photos there are no graphics, it looks like a word document not a webpage.

Now what i suggest you do is use and image editing program (if you dont have one download GIMP from http://www.gimp.org/) and start learning how to create logos, navigation, etc. All this stuff will spruce up your site and stop it being a word doc.

Also think about usability, when you visit a website where do you expect the navigation to be? Usually left hand side? Possibly horizontally at the top like this page? You may have noticed a lot of sites have thier nav in these positions, thats because thats where you expect it to be. On your site i have to scroll down to the bottom of the page to find your nav. Nav should be clear, easily visible and in the same place on every page.

Ok theres some stuff to be going on with, i hope you dont take my comments the wrong way, i dont mean to be harsh about your work im just trying to help. Post back as you go along and you'll get more comments/ideas from these guys.

Aaron

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronjonmartin
    Ok first things first, i go on to your site and the first thing that turns me away is the music, thats gone so great ill stay a bit longer, but hold on except for your photos there are no graphics, it looks like a word document not a webpage.

Now what i suggest you do is use and image editing program (if you dont have one download GIMP from http://www.gimp.org/) and start learning how to create logos, navigation, etc. All this stuff will spruce up your site and stop it being a word doc.

Also think about usability, when you visit a website where do you expect the navigation to be? Usually left hand side? Possibly horizontally at the top like this page? You may have noticed a lot of sites have thier nav in these positions, thats because thats where you expect it to be. On your site i have to scroll down to the bottom of the page to find your nav. Nav should be clear, easily visible and in the same place on every page.

Ok theres some stuff to be going on with, i hope you dont take my comments the wrong way, i dont mean to be harsh about your work im just trying to help. Post back as you go along and you'll get more comments/ideas from these guys.

Aaron
    Okay, thanks Aaron. I will adjust my nav as suggested. As far as graphics, I will try that site you mentioned.
    thanks,
    Rick

Member #
    Okay, now I have cleaned up the buttons. Whaddya think?

Member #
    I can't read the text on those buttons. Bad color combination. Also, try to shrink down the height of that top information: graphic, welcome message, etc. It pushes your content way down the page. Try looking at your site in different browsers, and at different resolutions. This is what I first see in FireFox, at 800x600 w/o scrolling. Not a very efficient use of space.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Oooh good point on the sizing thing. I was also afraid of the color of the buttons, and will be working on that too.
    Thanks,
    Rick

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads