Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi,

I'd appreciate your comments on this site. The site is to promote a holiday apartmrnt in Tenerife (hopefully this is obvious from the URL). It's the first site I've built for any one other than myself and it's earnt me a free holiday in Tenerfie. Some elements of the design arn't my choice (such as the main title banner) but I suppose this is something you have to put up with when working for other people.

The links down the left hand side are to there to make the site more usefull and hopefully attract people to come back.

www.Tenerife-Apartment-For-Rent.co.uk

Thanks for taking the time to look.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    First off, the domain is way too big! Nobody will rememeber it. The grid background does not represent the beauty of the apartments. You're images of the apartments are stunning. I wouldn't mind living there. The site is a turn off to those who wouldn't keep looking. The navigation text is way too big, and gives an unprofessional look with the Stroke around them. The blue gradients you use are not the best idea. I would use solid colors to gives the site a feeling of the movie ocean's eleven. Your header need a cursive font with a beautiful image of the apartments as the background.

If you make a better design and give the site a better domain name, you'll have a site that sells. Just remember that this thing needs a ton of cosmetic and aesthetic work done to it.
    Cheers, zionlocke :chinese:
    Links: Zion Creation | Blog

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Thanks for a honest opinion.

Pleae excuse my ignorence but what dose cursive mean?

I'll definetly get rid of the grid back ground, this was just a experiment. Do you think it needs a background or will just white be better?

I'll also look at changing the navigation text, this has been bugging me for a while, but I wasn't sure what to change it to. I wanted to do something differnt with it but I think just plain text might be better. I'll also experiment with replacing the blu gradient.

Unfortunatly it's to late to change the URL, and it was choosen by the people the site was made for.

Member #
    the last three nav elements (Apartment, availability and enquiries) are slightly higher in position than the first two which makes them look a little odd, and i agree with zionlocke, that although the nav is very clear the lettering is a bit too big.

Also the background images in the content boxes (particulary on the mare verde page) make it quite difficult to read the actual text. Possibly fade them a bit more or lose them all together.

On the availability page the actual nav text "Availability" dissapears when the page loads.

Member #
    Hi, I tried to load your site at 3 different speeds and i'm here to tell you, you need a load script. Best is header-navigation-body everything else can load on its own.

Because at 1.5 your site loads a little slow. Its alright at 12.0 but people with a normal dial-up connection will find this excruciating. Espacially returning users who want to see other pages instead of the body. Thats why your navigaiton should be one of the first things to load.

Next, I second zionlocke that your background doesn't fit your pag. Your right that it should be a light background, but a background with a picture of a beach maybe or just a tropical color.

Member #
    It's a slow loader I give you that. The domain is wayyyy to long, but I like the general feel of the website, It's got potential providion a smaller domain is purchased. I like the colors, very, holiday like, shall we say

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Thanks,

I've droped the grid background, so now it's just white. I may change the colour or add a image, not sure yet, I'll have a play.

The idea of a pre-loaded is a good one. I've never used one of these before, if anyone can point me in the direction of a good script please let me know.

Unfortunatly I don't think I'm going to be able to change the URL as it's not my site. Origionaly they wanted the URL to be Tenerifeapartorent.co.uk. I suggested the current URL as I though it would be easier to remeber, but somethig shorter would have be better, like Rent-Tenerife.co.uk?

Tommorow I'll work on the navigation text and the pre loader.

Thanks for all the suggestions, please post any more.

Thanks.

Member #
    I'm not too fond of the bevel you have directly under the sun on your header. Even if I did like it, I would say that it wasn't correctly graphically aligned with the rest.
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD
    kevind_2007--"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way."--Babe Ruth

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Member #
    The site is too heavy graphically. All of the gradients and different colored backgrounds distract the viewer from what's important: the information. Also, small details like making sure the different links in the navigation bar are all level is important.

Remove Ads