Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: hows my site

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Code:
    www.liquidwebdesigner.com
    im just starting out so go easy on me but be honest

Member #
    www.liquidwebdesigner.com

I like it, and it isn't a bad design at all. I have a series of adjustments that may improve the site however.
    • Add rollovers on your navigation, it will spruce it up no end and make it look more visually appealing.
    • Increase the font size, because at the moment it is too small IMO.
    • Add a few lighter colours in there as the dark blue is very imposing.
    • Add a border around the whole site and center it horizontally.
    3/5 not bad.

Off-topic: Hey guys. Sorry I disappeared so suddenly last Friday, but I lost my net connection and this is the first time I've been on since. I should be back within a few days but I can't believe how terrible it is without WDf and the internet!
    See you soon!
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    nice design man! one thing is that i had no clue it was a webdesign site when i first saw it i thaught it was like for actual steel or something or some space stuff..

Member #
    Youre trying to show off too much. Showing your skills in a design site is great but this is way too much.

Next maybe you could use the entire screen. I use 1024x786(most commonly used) and maybe you could work in percentages. It can take a little time to change everything to percentages but I think its worth it.

I went over your site, and I assumed that those samples are in use. But from what I saw you are a great designer. But after appearnce of a site comes comfortability. You have a hard site, good for scientific companies and companies in design but you can scare of the normal companies with this. Normally they are the ones that need the easily to design pages, and alot of them. So if you do it in the right way they pay the most. So you could be loosing alot fo money because of it.

Member #
    Really nice looking site, I think it would look better if it was bigger, also, it does kinda look like a space website, I was confused as first glance. Apart from that, good job!

Member #
    I agree with the above. The site focuses too much on the design and not on the content. It's a chore to separate myself from the design and to actually read the content. I also don't like how the site comes to an abrupt end on the right side. Either make the site span 100%, or give it some type of border.

Member #
    thanks for the info guys helps alot will do and Burnerp made a real good point thanks for everything people

Member #
    Yeah really nice site, i agree with splufdaddy it could do with a border, possibly might look better centered rather than left aligned but not too sure. Your nav needs rollovers too.

Also i thought your logo kind of let the whole thing down, firstly its too small and secondly i dont think the font fits in with the rest of the site possibly a more futuristic font would look better and definately larger.

Aaron

Member #
    Ok, ibid on the above AND convert your BMP files (in the website previews) as they take WAAAAy too long to upload ... GIF should do the trick. I'm on 2mo dsl and it took too long for me even ..
    Otherwise, you really have graphic flair. i'm jeaous.
    Yours,
    F
    www.webolero.com
    Original Web Design

Remove Ads