Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

hey, i'm new to this forum. I just thought id come here to ask for some opinions on my site. I am getting ready for college to study graphic design this fall, Ice Design is my personal portfolio website where kind of like an online resume whith infomation about me, and showcase of my design skills. It's still under development i need to get working on the content. www.ice-design.ws , check it out and tell me what ya think

Member #
    The text is impossible to read all over the site. Your nav looks blurry, and the content is WAY too small to be ledgible (on a 1280x1024 resolution). Looks like some nice Actionscript work, but the site needs some more color IMO.

Member #
    hmmmmm, ok. So overall it looks like you are saying that everything is too small and blurry on a high resolution. Is The nav movement ok? and I am adding color, it was colorless 4 days ago. I looked at a flash website that you made, and I noticed that you managed to make the text "not blurry" can you tell me how, and what size would you recommend for the page content. I dont know since i have an 800x600 resolution laptop. Thanks for pointing out some errors i need to fix, but do yout think the website would be good with "readable" text?

Member #
    I like the flash, it's very nice indeed, but as Spluf said, the text is way to blury, an idea would be to create the text in photoshop, save it as a .PNG and import it into your flash, then you will have full quality nice writing. I'm not sure weather there's more ways of doing it because I'm Flash ignorant but that's the way I'd do it. :P

Member #
    I have to agree with the other comments. The text is impossible to read at this resolution, and if your viewers can't see your content, they won't bother staying. A page needs to be comfortable on the eyes. One thing you see on loads of sites nowadays, even the Dell site is a button to make the text larger. If i were you, i would get rid of that font and use good ol' Arial (or Verdana, whatever floats your boat). Make the text larger as default and offer your viewers the opportunity to make their text larger by clicking on a button. Also i would do away with the plain background. Way too much white, ever tried staring at a white screen for ages? It's terrible on the eyes, make the background pleasing, maybe a darker background. I find that one of the most visibly pleasing sites around is actually http://maddox.xmission.com. His site is easy to read, clear and precise, just what a site should be like. If you can tie in a great looking site with those kind of rules, then you'll he set.

Remove Ads