Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi,

I have had my site http://www.crucialparadigm.com/ up and running for almost a year now, and I am in the process of updating it at the moment. Please let me know what you think of it now and how it can improve.

Also please critique http://www.wm-talk.com/ a webmaster forum I have just started recently.
    Webmaster Talk - Discuss SEO, Graphics, Programming, Google, and much more. <== Join and receive free mySQL/PHP hosting and domains

crucialparadigm - Affordable, Reliable, Professional
    Web Hosting Reseller Hosting Remote Backup Dedicated Servers Web Development IE Toolbar Design

Member #
    Crucial Paradigm
    The site is clean, slick and easy to navigate, but it needs a change in text colour on rollover of the navigation, and also some introductory text on the home page .

WM Talk
    On this eMac (1024 by 768) resolution I think, I can't even see one forum listing. This is bad news, and so I would make the gaps at t he top of the page smaller and make it a little less bubbly?
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Thanks for the suggestions, I have been thinking of a few ways to make the wm talk design "work better", it is a bit slow and clunky now. I will be looking at a way to replace the borders, make the header smaller, etc.

When you say you can't see even one forum listing, is this due to the colours?
    Webmaster Talk - Discuss SEO, Graphics, Programming, Google, and much more. <== Join and receive free mySQL/PHP hosting and domains

Web Hosting Reseller Hosting Remote Backup Dedicated Servers Web Development IE Toolbar Design

Member #
    The colours are an issue (mainly the light grey being very hard to read on the dark grey), but no, I meant that there was so much clutter and expansion (like the huge space the banner takes up - putting the nav into one line and removing padding around the main image) that this took up my whole screen height.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Yes, I have had comments from several users about the colours and I do plan on changing the text colours to make it more readable, and modify the top navigation to not have so much free space.

Member #
    The only thing i have a problem with on any of those pages is clarity of text. There is a great article on A List Apart for making text clear on a web page, and a good way of making sure that your viewers can read a page is by allowing them to change the font size from a click of an image on your site. This helps out anyone with poor eyesight, cause let's admit it, if i find something hard to read, a 60 year old guy wearing glasses and the such isn't going to find it any easier. Again, the only problem i have with the forum is the text, the design looks good enough (otherwise you wouldn't use it), but grey on grey makes it hard to read.

Member #
    At Crucial Paradigm, I think there may be a little too much text at the bottom of the page, near where the copyright is. I love the cleanness and design though!

At WM talk, I love the logo, but I think it may need just a little more color.

Excellent Job!
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD
    kevind_2007--"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way."--Babe Ruth

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Member #
    Crucial Paradigm - Like how clean it is as everybody said. But your gonna have to expect different resolution, till 1280x1024. But even at 1024x786 you've got a big white area at the left. Maybe you could center it, or staying with your desgin maybe you can make a different one for 1024x786.

Next maybe something below yur menu. Something like a quote to finish it of.

WM Talk - First what the other poeple said. Next maybe a more creative way of showing the time instead of just saying "the curren time is...". And you can move the log-in down, that way people will see it faster.

Your sites are great.

Member #
    Thanks everyone for you suggestions, I will be sure to include some of them in the next update I make in the next few days. I think the main problem I have now is the problem with the text, and I will go ahead and try to fix that right away.

Thanks again!

Remove Ads