Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

After receiving lots of negative feedback across several forums on my blog, I decided to redo it. I just made it a little bit cleaner, and made a new banner with my newbie photoshop skills. So tell me what you think, you can find it at: http://therustybarrel.com/david/blog

Member #
    I think it looks pretty good; can't think up anything design-wise that needs improvement. Well, actually there's the deal about everything on the right side (google add, hit counter, and poll) that really detract from the overall feel, but that's all the criticism I have.
    Nice work

[edit] 'Adds' has two d's, not one. You may want to change that. Correct spelling is a good thing...

[edit2] Ah, so it's somewhat a political blog, eh? Well, I guess the poll fits in then.

Member #
    Thanks for the comment. And I hate to break it to you, but I know how to spell. 'Ads' is short for advertisements, a word which only has one 'd'. For reference please look here: http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=ads

Member #
    I didn't mean to sound condescending. My mistake, so don't go all sarcastic on me.
    I wasn't implying that you could not spell, I was making a generalization. Mistakes, mistakes, I'm only human...

Member #
    Heh, sorry I got sarcastic.

Member #
    It's alright, but I'm not too fond of the banner at the top of the page really. I think your links need to have a more noticeable css rollover effect.

3/5 overall, it's nice.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    The colors dont quite seem to work for me. They don't look awful, but they seem to be working against each other a bit. Try the link in my signature if you want to find colors that complement each other.

Member #
    Nice layout.I like that it is nice and clean. I don't like the colors, buts thats me.. If you like the colors you have keep them,besides, getting people to agree on what "good colors" are is like trying to get a group of people to agree on toppings for a pizza...Its unlikely everyone will all agree 100%
    LooseCannon Design
    Friendly, affordable webdesign.

Remove Ads