Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey, I just found out about this forum. I just got my new site up. I'm trying to get everyone to know of my new site. What do you guys think about the site?

- www.treymac.com

I want to get the word out about my site so that maybe I can start getting some frequent visitors if you guys like it. My site is a tech news aggregation site that I update everyday with the most important news. It takes a long time to do everyday, and this week has been very very busy with family visiting so it isn't as rich with news as it could be.

If anybody wants to do a link exchange you can email me at treymac@gmail.com

If you possibly like my site could you maybe click on an ad or two to help me out with adsense, but you don't have to if you don't want to. I'de really appreciate it though.

Member #
    • Change your body font
      Times New Roman is never advised for webpage use; it is best to use a sans-serif font within web sites, such as Verdana, Arial, Trebuchet MS etc, as it improved readablilty too .
    • Get rid of the frames
      Frames are a very old fashion in web design that has now pretty much been fazed out. I feel your site could have exactly the same without the use of frames.
    • Use a logo
      A logo establishes a corporate identity for your site, and the logo you have above your navigation, although not brilliant is good enough to be used to head the entire page. I would then put the navigation across the top of the page and have the content below this .
    • Add some CSS links
      Add some CSS link effects so that your text links change colour on rollover to improve visual appearance.
    • Change the colour scheme
      Personally I prefer a dark on light colour scheme, and so if I was designing this site that is what I would have gone with. You need to try and include some other colours to stray away from the monochrome style colour scheme you have at the moment.
    Hope this has been of some help. 2/5.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Liked
    138 times
    Do you have RSS feeds auto-updating the site? If not, you should seriously think about it. It would speed up the updates quite a bit. Also, you might want to think about adding www.shacknews.com to the list. Quite a bit of techie gamers out there.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    I agree, if it's about Technological news, then a techynologically aided site would fit better. There's loads of things you can try, but as an absolute minimum, i'd convert my site to CSS (not tables if you feel you need them), lose the frames for sure, and read up on whatever new technologies you can find. Personally i think you should read through these sites, then plan out what you think your site needs to have.

http://www.simplebits.com
    http://www.alistapart.com
    http://www.sitepoint.com

Member #
    I dont think you'll find any news site out there that has an inverted color scheme. The black background makes your site harder on the eyes, and it's not something I'd want to return to every day. Also, being a tech site, the posts above bring up a good point: use some new technology. It's hard to consider you an authority on Technology when your site looks 5 years old. It's like taking financial advice from a homeless guy.

Member #
    Liked
    138 times
    Spluf, by inverted color scheme I take it you're talking about black background? If so, check out hardocp.com. Huge tech site that's gotten it to work for them.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Colours are a bit bright and overwhelming, almost give me a headache. I would also stay away from the frames.
    Webmaster Talk - Discuss SEO, Graphics, Programming, Google, and much more. <== Join and receive free mySQL/PHP hosting and domains

crucialparadigm - Affordable, Reliable, Professional
    Web Hosting Reseller Hosting Remote Backup Dedicated Servers Web Development IE Toolbar Design

Remove Ads