Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

My website has been around for about 3 months. I am still no where to be found in the SERPS. Anyways, i would appreciate it if you could comment on my site structure and see if you have any pointers in how I can optimize it more for my keywords. Thanks in advance!

Regards,
    Brian

P.S. - I am always working on backlinks, so primarily concentrate on how i could optimize my site better. Thanks again.

Member #
    Looks good, although it does feel a little clutered. Keep in mind that SE's don't dig deeper than 4 embedded tables, so make sure you don't go more than 4 embedded tables. Overall looks like you have a lot of content which is the best way to get in SERPS.
    Webmaster Talk - Discuss SEO, Graphics, Programming, Google, and much more. <== Join and receive free mySQL/PHP hosting and domains

crucialparadigm - Affordable, Reliable, Professional
    Web Hosting Reseller Hosting Remote Backup Dedicated Servers Web Development IE Toolbar Design

Member #
    Sorry, update to my last post. If you are offering paid services I also would not suggest using googles adsense. Just my 2c.
    Webmaster Talk - Discuss SEO, Graphics, Programming, Google, and much more. <== Join and receive free mySQL/PHP hosting and domains

crucialparadigm - Affordable, Reliable, Professional
    Web Hosting Reseller Hosting Remote Backup Dedicated Servers Web Development IE Toolbar Design

Member #
    I like it! I like the color scheme that you have and the grid background. I also like the pictures embedded into your header. Everything looks exactly in place and aligned superbly. Great Job!
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD
    kevind_2007--"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way."--Babe Ruth

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Member #
    It wouldn't be bad, but the red really stands out too much and drowns out any attention the rest of the site would receive.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by megablaz0r
    It wouldn't be bad, but the red really stands out too much and drowns out any attention the rest of the site would receive.

Yea, well from one point of view... it attracts your eyes to the service links immediately... but on the other hand it doesn't relaly flow w/ the whole blue color scheme. I'll see what i can do...

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    The Overall Design:
    I would lose the grid bg. Grids remind me of mathematics and graphing. Your site has nothing to do with the rectangular coordinates of calculus.

IMHO, Red doesn't bring focus to content. It actually pisses some people off. I would bring subtle focus to the important main content because it is much more effective. I'll write a tutorial sometime to explain what I am trying tell you in one sentance.

The Overall Structure:
    It reminds me of an infomercial on tv. I hate infomercials and most other people hate it too.

The site also looks like a php nuke site. You have three columns and the Google Adsense is located where most php nuke sites have a Shoutout box.

You have a lot of redundant links all over each page. You may think that this helps the user, but it is what will primarily confuse the user. This will trim the fatty feeling of your site.

The users online area does take up too much of your site's real estate.

The latest news and monthly special is a great thing to have on the main page, and the links in the latest news are appropriate.

Final Remark:
    Keep it up, you'll eventually have a site that invites people in and makes them feel welcome.
    Cheers, zionlocke :chinese:
    Links: Zion Creation | Blog

Member #
    UPDATE: I took the red out and made the colors blend better.

Member #
    much better.

Member #
    if you can, make the cursor type for the pop out menu
    Code:
    style="cursor:pointer;"
    so that you get the same effect as links when you hover on them

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads