Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

hello iam a 17 year old web designer form texas , who has never took a class or had anyone teach me about webdesigning I really learned it all by my self. So I decided to come you "the big guys" to see how you can help me. My url is http://www.npwebmedia.com . I need all helpful comments on anyhting about web designing and how to run a web design business.

I found these threads that look to be similar to yours. Do any of them help?

If they don't a human will be along soon anyway to help you out more.

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    GFXMANIX: You're off to a very good start so far. I'm also a self-taught web designer (so I know where you're coming from). Anyway, the things I like.
    • Your logo. Keep it as simple as it is there. It sticks in people's heads better.
    • The special you offer. It's a very good introductory package.

Now, the things I"d improve on.
    • The LinkExchange counter. Use the stats package your host offered to you. If they don't offer one, then use one that does. The only person who really needs to know how many visitors you've had to your site is you. (That, and a stats package will provide you a lot more details about who your traffic is and where they come from.
    • Your text. It's impossible for search engines to index text within graphic content. So if you can, use regular text instead of graphic text.
    • The white text on the blue background at the top. I thought at first they were hyperlinks. You may want to hyperlink them as well. (Not that big a deal but just a thought.)

I hope that helps you a little bit. (Sorry if it came off a bit harsh. I can't figure out a better way to word it.)
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    thanks!

thanks for the comments I would love to hear more from other also

Member #
    Awesome job! Your design is definatey eye-catching. The only thing that distracts me is the white text in the blue area up top. I suggest fading them so that they blend in with the blue and don't overshadow the links you've got underneath them! Because right now, the eye is drawn to those before the actual links underneath them. I would also suggest using pure text instead of graphic text, like THEGAME1264 mentioned earlier. Some people's browsers don't even display graphics and since you have a web design site, it's a good idea to make it as acessible as possible for a wide range of viewers.

Otherwise, bravo!!! :classic:
    The hardest thing about the world is to live in it. (Buffy).

Remove Ads