Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi everyone just finished making my first business promotional site, would appreciate some advice or feedback on it.

Colour Scheme:

Layout:

Eye animation: I originally had the eye staionary but felt it needed some interaction, was thinking about just having the eye flicker, but dont quiet know how to go about it, any ideas or thoughts on this would be good.

The text gif below the eye animation seems to only work in safari (mac osx) when previwed in internet explorer only plays the first few lines of text and loops over does not carry on with the animation, anyone had similiar problems in browseres on a mac?

any thoughts, advice, ideas would be really good and would also like to know what it looks like through, firefox, IE on a pc as I have not been able to check it out yet?

Cheers
    flipimages.biz (postcard promotional site)

I am also currently optimizing my site for the search engines and am coming up with a list of words that people would search for my product, was just wondering what keywords you would use if you were trying to find my site.

Member #
    I like the idea. The top graphic (including eye) is cool, but the eye could be a bigger part of that graphic. There's a lot of white and grey space at the top. The eye movement is a good idea but it doesn't look natural. Also, make the text black. On my laptop's LCD, the gray text doesn't contrast enough with the white background.

Member #
    I'll be honnest with you - the eye freaked me out, it looks good, but when it starts moving, it can be scary lol - I'd take the animation off the eye and keep it still, nice design though.

Member #
    Not too bad.

Is the "contact us" link supposed to be a few pixels lower than everything else on the menu?

Member #
    The eye is excellent, but I don't like the way it moves. I agree with spluf really, nothing much else to say, apart from the fact I think the content needs to be the same width as the banner. I would add a border to the left and right of the site too.

I like your nav icons though! 3/5
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Eyes do move in a twitching fashion in real life. However, the twitch in your animation is incorrect. Before you animation loops, the eye needs to be in the same position as the beginning of the loop. Also, you could have the eye blink to get the eyes to point without having to animate them. Keep up the good work.
    Cheers, zionlocke :chinese:
    Links: Zion Creation | Blog

Member #
    hey cheers everyone for your comments some very useful advice there, yeah megab have put that down on the to do list, yeah really concerned about the eye gif, maybe I should try and make a sort of flicker that crosses over the eye instead of it moving.

Remove Ads