Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I just finished the beta version of my page which will detect the language, country, browser, and OS of the visitor. I'd appreciate very much if some people tested it out and let me know if it's correctly detecting your info. Thanks so much!

http://22nd.org/detect/

-rob

Member #
    Well, it worked, but it didn't list my browser. Though I really don't see the point to it... Just something new you're trying out or what?

Member #
    It worked

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Bones
    Well, it worked, but it didn't list my browser. Though I really don't see the point to it... Just something new you're trying out or what?
    What browser are you using? I don't have every possible browser coded for, but most of them should work.

Yeah, its just something i'm trying out, but the eventual purpose is, you need to know certain information about your visitors in order to correctly display your pages for them. different browsers display html differently. Also, I will eventually display my page in multiple languages. And maybe slight differences also depending on the country (i.e. UK and US use different spelling/vocabulary)

but mainly i want to see how much information i can detect automatically from someone's computer. i thought it'd be an interesting experiment.

Member #
    Got everthing right, but didn't show my browser at all. I use Mozilla Firefox 0.9.2.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by justlivyalife
    Got everthing right, but didn't show my browser at all. I use Mozilla Firefox 0.9.2.
    ok. i'll test for firefox and try to fix it. thanks for the info.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Yes it worked for me to. Every thing detected correctly. What language did you right it in?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard S
    Yes it worked for me to. Every thing detected correctly. What language did you right it in?
    mostly PHP.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Cool, I just got a new account that supports PHP, soley to learn PHP. Can you recomend any good tutorials. I know thers loads if google for them, just wondering if theres any you would reccomend?

Remove Ads