Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi everyone. Can you give me some feedback on my website please. Its my first proper try at making a good website (well, a paid one), so don't flame me about it okay. Just post some constructive feedback please. Thanks.

http://www.danecobain.com

Member #
    No offence, but it's pretty bad (I tried to say that in the nicest way possible ). Here's why:

1) That background! It really makes the text hard to read.
    2) Speaking of the text....green is not a good color, black is much better!
    3) Rollovers on those links would be nice - just a simple color change.
    4) It all seems...'mismatched'. Everything is just plonked everywhere. Try and organize it better.
    5) Maybe you should put the clock in text format. This would make the design flow better in my opinion.
    6) You might want to try sprucing up the banner a bit more.
    7) You seem to have a lot of links saying "Give opinions about the site", "tell me what you think of the site", "any ideas for the site" e.t.c. You really only need 1 at the top of the page and possibly one at the bottom.
    8) On all the other pages, you have a scrolling thing that says "Thanks for visiting danecobain.com". To the viewer, this suggests that that's it, you can go now. Nothing more to see. You have to think about the psychology of people in web design lol.

Well, that should keep you going for a while. Hope I helped (didn't mean to be to harsh). 2/5 in it's current state. will7.
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

Member #
    haha i don't mind you saying that cos you've gave me ways to make it better. I'm kind of stuck with the actual design part, cause I can never get it to look good. What kind of colours and that would you like to see, because that's the kind of thing im stuck with. I can never find colours to go well...

EDIT : I'll do some new designs, and post them here. Tell me what you think...

design one - http://www.danecobain.com/design1.htm
    design two - http://www.danecobain.com/design2.htm

Member #
    They are both a massive improvement. However, I would recommend you keep to all one text color. Don't change color all the time. I.e, on the light one, stick to black and on the dark one stick to white.
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

Member #
    I want to stick to one colour except its kind of hard when theres so much stuff on the page, about different things, you know. I'll probably choose a lighter theme so my site isn't looking as depressing, and I'll most likely have my homepage with just a bit of stuff on it, and then have a contents page as well. Thanks for the great suggestions, i'm taking all of them into account. It's good that someone has finally gave me some idea's.

Member #
    I might be the only one, but I really hate the clock! It stands out too much on your page and if I ever want to know the time I normally just look at the bottom right of my screen.
    Apart from that, I think will7 has suggested any improvements you might consider.
    Currently using: Firefox 1.5, IE 7, Notepad, Ms Paint, GIMP

Member #
    yeah, i just put the clock there because I could. I was gonna take it off anyway. Thanks for all the help guys!

EDIT : Okay, I changed a lot of the things you mentioned. Can ya visit it and let me know marks out of five or whatever?

www.danecobain.com - theres a link...

Member #
    Put the counter at the bottom of the page, it never goes at the top.

Member #
    i was just about to do that!!!

lol

Remove Ads