Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I am new here to these forums, but not totally new to web design, I know some really basic stuff, but nothing too fancy. I have been just using Microsoft Frontpage lately, and I still can't figure out some things.

Here is my old site, http://www.e-emotorsports.com/index2.php

I own a performance shop and was trying to sell products, and have a bigh catalog on the left, but we are specializing now in custom products, so I know longer need the huge catolog. I am tired of the site, and need something new, but the problem I was having was that our first site I designed in Frontpage had a side bar with links, but when I added one link later, I needed it on all of the pages, so I would go through all 700+ pages to add it in, until a buddy of mine did the most recent site in PHP format, which I do not understand, but he told me I could convert my old files, and just add in the header and footer code to the the coding, and it would turn out how it did on the site. But I want to be able to make the site more simple kinda like my new one, www.e-emotorsports.com which I would do all in HTML so I could change stuff, but I want sidebars which I don't know how to do.

Here is a site kind of what I would like to do, http://www.underground-motorsports.com/home.htm

It's a buddy of mines shop, and I was wandering how a layout like this would be done. I don't want a site that is too complicate to add to, but I want to be able to have about 100 pages, and each page have the side bars, and the upper navigation bars, but if I add in another bar, I don't want to have to go through ever single page file and add in the code.

What would anyone reccomend, I don't have alot of money to pay a designer to do the site, and upkeep of it. I learn very quick, and if someone has any solutions I very much appreciate the help. Sorry for the long thread

Thank you for your help.

Eric

Member #
    Well, you could use photoshop and image ready to make your sidebars that way you dont have to code it, or you can use CSS.

Member #
    Liked
    138 times
    driftjunke,
    If you are requesting a service, then I would recommend posting in the Request a Service section as well.

Chris,
    Please do not advertise links to similar (and self-run) forums. If you wish to offer your services, please PM for that, if requested of course.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Remove Ads