Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: New design

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey everyone - I've been lurking around in this great forum for a few weeks now and it's my turn to present something for your perusal. Please critique away, though the site is far from finished - none of the links work, and that "looks-out-of-place" phone number will be changed - it's a work in-progress.

Also would like to know how this page displays in earleir version of IE. Have only tested with 6 and NS7.

No need to be gentle - I can take the critism

http://preview.wildbytes.biz/latest/V3-1.html

Member #
    in no particular order

the logo 'wildbytes' should not appear as part of the background unless there is a very good reason for it - and at the moment, there isn't. the way the bg comes thru the logo is a bad idea. it dramatically lessens the branding significance of your name.

i despise serrifed text made in HTML - i will only use sans-serrif as it reads much better delivered to a monitor.

the copyright info at the bottom feels randomly placed.

the BG image and tonality is nice, but bg warm grayish color needs to be either warmer, or a lot colder - its too wishy washy right now. id go warmer

im not even gonna talk about the phone number, you are aware of it.

OH! i wanna spend money on you! lemme send you an email... oh wait..i cant.. as its not one click away. very important on any kind of site like this - email either no clicks (on the page somewhere) or one click ('contact us') away. help doesnt count - it needs to be a definitive link to an email addy.

i would personally go either a perfect square of content, or WAY wider or WAY taller, right now its sorta almost squareish but not really. wishy washy = bad.

i like where its going, just needs some more.

Member #
    Thanks for the input shecky - not sure which browser you were using, but I've corrected the font to default to Verdana (which really is only an issue in Netscape, it seems - didn't have any default font there before).

The email link will be there in the final design - just didn't add it yet - call it laziness

The overall size was governed by the bg image and designed for an 800x600 resolution (though at that res, scrolling down is still required - oh well).

Logo - that is the look we are going for and is duplicated in our biz - biz cards, letterhead, etc. I guess a bit of play on words... wildbytes - not conforming to the expected norm.

Copyright placement... yeah, I know it does look a little outta place...
    /goes to change it.... later

Remove Ads