Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

hi everyone..

i finally took some time to do something out of my website. It's online on:

www.gablu.biz

i'm kindly asking for everyone's opinion/etc. Site will be always updating (need few pages to finish up, etc) and will have logo design tutorials/etc. soon.

Constructive criticism is welcome.

Regards,

Luka
    www.gablu.biz

Member #
    I like the banner you have advertising save big 50%, the images are nice in my opinion. The light green background hurts my eyes, if you're gonna stick with green, maybe make it a darker shade? The buttons, on the other hand, look kinda odd and have no point at all. Your logos are awesome, what program did you use to make them? Nice job altogether!
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD
    kevind_2007--"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way."--Babe Ruth

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Member #
    thanks for the comments. about green, it's probably going to be updated, some folks have already complained about it

buttons.. yep, they seem odd, but in fact each of them has meaning:
    1. letter "H" for "home"
    2. it's kind of questionmark (?) for "about"
    3. this one is small letter "S" in weird font for "services" (or can have other meanings, too)
    4. this one shows box (for boxed product) - the "X" on the boxes that is usually drawn on them
    5. portfolio is a frame of image
    6. goodies is "+" meaning "more"
    7. contact is letter "C"

or is it just in my head?

thanks for the comments on the logos, got to update portfolio with few more logos now the new site is up. i did all logos in vector application named xara x. download trial at www.xara.com if you're interested

regards,

luka
    www.gablu.biz
    www.iconfish.com

Member #
    OO, I see the meanings now, cool job. I might download Xara X, sounds like a cool program. Is it easy to use?
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD
    kevind_2007--"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way."--Babe Ruth

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Member #
    well, depends how you get used to it. but i like it much better than illustrator or any other - it's very light, has good display, great vector effects and advanced transparencies, etc. and it's been like that for years back when illustrator was old crumpy slow awful display application like coreldraw, etc

regards,

luka
    www.gablu.biz
    www.iconfish.com

Member #
    I like it but I agree what was said before that the green is too harsh and distracting.

I also like the idea of logo design tutorials, I'm really interested in that, but I would put it on a completely different website. The reason is you are trying to attract customers, not teach them how to create logos

EDIT: All your background colours are too harsh actually, not just the green one.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Dude, that green is waaaay tooooo bright. I couldn't concentrate on the site.

Also, have you looked at the site on a CRT? I can't make out the navigation to save my life.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    Wow this is an incredible use of color. It's so original. I think you should tone down the green a little, I guess, but leave the other bright bolors.
    Kurt Sprinzl
    Eternal Studios Web Development

www.eternalstudios.net

Member #
    Great logos! Cant see a sound anymore though! too bright! arg. Nav bar is too lite for me too. The banners on the pages look great too. nice job

Remove Ads